The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forgotten Lands

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Forgotten Lands - Page 2 Empty Re: The Forgotten Lands

Post by dramagirl13 Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:28 am

((its k))

I was soo excited, I was one of the elite seven!!
dramagirl13
dramagirl13
very active.
very active.

Female Posts : 241
Birthday : 1996-08-22
Humor : What?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipopper Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:47 am

The unicorns whisked us away to our own colonies. I nodded to the other six as they went different ways. They were such strangers to me, but I felt something between the seven of us. Elves could sometimes tell when something was entwined with fate.
The unicorn and I flew along a route I knew well--leading to the Elfian colony.

((I just thought of a problem. How is a centaur supposed to ride on a unicorn? We'll just say that babiebunny had to get to her colony by running. Or...galloping. Sorry, babiebunny Sad))
Lollipopper
Lollipopper
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Female Posts : 642
Birthday : 1996-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:02 pm

The unicorn set me down in my the colony square, the center of everything. I saw everyone there and although they were all mad they weren't chosen they still congratulated me and cheered. I walked along the path to my home where Marco was waiting for me. I wrung my hands and opened the door. He was sitting in his chair. My parents had died when I was little so Marco, being the oldest, took on the parent figure. We had 2 younger brothers who looked up to Marco like a father. To them he was because they had been so little when our parents died. "Marco I had no idea I would be chosen. It should have been you up there." I said walking over to his side.
"Don't worry about that, Mary Beth, it wasn't your fault. Besides, I voted for you." he smiled and stood up. "Come here." He said opening his arms. I ran into them and hugged him tightly. Tears of fear and sadness poured from my eyes.
"I don't want to be the elite."
"I know, but you are so you are going to have to get used to that. Now, we have until the eighth star touches the horizon. I have something for you." He turned and dragged me back to my parent's old room. I looked around. It was the same as when they had died. No one went in there, ever. Marco pulled a chest out of the closet. It had been my mother's. "Now that you are one of the elite, you need to get a wand and a cloak." ((Its kinda the thing they do when they become 19))
"Well I would have gotten that anyway, Marco." I said rolling my eyes.
"Yea well mom would have wanted you to have her's." He opened the chest and pulled out my mother's wand and her purple cloak. I gasped.
"Mom's? A-are you sure?" I asked, in shock. He only nodded and put the cloak on me and handed me the one of a kind, hand crafted, wooden wand with ivory for a handle.

Back to top Go down

Post by babiebunny64 Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Lollipopper wrote:The unicorns whisked us away to our own colonies. I nodded to the other six as they went different ways. They were such strangers to me, but I felt something between the seven of us. Elves could sometimes tell when something was entwined with fate.
The unicorn and I flew along a route I knew well--leading to the Elfian colony.

((I just thought of a problem. How is a centaur supposed to ride on a unicorn? We'll just say that babiebunny had to get to her colony by running. Or...galloping. Sorry, babiebunny Sad))

((lol i was thinking about it and then i saw ur little side comment Razz ))

I trotted along the grass path leading into the forest, back to our colony. All the other centaurs came with me. We arrived at the entryway being greeted by the others that stayed. They instantly knew that I had been picked and courteously congratulated me. They were genuinely happy for me.
babiebunny64
babiebunny64
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Female Posts : 5412
Birthday : 1998-02-24
Humor : humor? my humor is awesome! my sister's? not so much

Back to top Go down

Post by fairykind1711 Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:49 pm

I was pretty embarrassed by the unicorns, so when I was out of eye sight of everyone I got off of mine and turned to my dragon form to fly to my colony. Who gives a dragon a unicorn to ride when we are our own form of transportation? It's ridiculous.

((that's all I got...))
fairykind1711
fairykind1711
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Female Posts : 1001
Birthday : 1996-05-01
Humor : lolwhut?

Back to top Go down

Post by babiebunny64 Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:51 pm

((haha thats so true))
babiebunny64
babiebunny64
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by fairykind1711 Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:00 pm

((I know right? I was kinda confused about that in the first place, but it just fit my character to say that, so I guess it was alright Razz haha))
fairykind1711
fairykind1711
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipopper Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:10 pm

((Sorry, I guess I'm just on Elf mode! I forget about the other creatures...how selfish of me.))

I arrived back at the colony with the whole village there waiting for me. Everyone was in their formal wear while I just wore my hunting gear. I felt under dressed.
Although some were jealous, they seemed happy. We were a colony. We supported each other--for we were connected.
"Let the celebration begin!" said the Elfian king

Lollipopper
Lollipopper
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by fairykind1711 Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:25 am

((Don't worry about it, it's just the way my character thinks. lol, I didn't mean anything by it))

I got back to my colony in seconds and when I landed I immediately turned into my human form. The other dragons were congratulating me, giving me a pat on the back, shaking my hand, that sort of thing. One of the elders approached me, though, and I became nervous. He simply put a hand on my shoulder and looked at me, and i knew to follow him.
fairykind1711
fairykind1711
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dramagirl13 Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:15 am

When i got back to my colony, I was congratulated by everyone. But I could tell a few faries were jealous.
dramagirl13
dramagirl13
very active.
very active.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:38 am

Marco helped get me ready for the party ahead. I could tell that people had started to gather around our home. They were waiting for me to come out. They would cheer and congratulate me some more and then the party would start. Once I was ready I walked out of my house and they did just that. All jealousy was gone now and just pride and joy was in the crowd. The head magical being stepped out of the crowd and waved me over. I followed him and couldn't believe what I saw when we got to the square. A tall golden statue stood in the middle, standing on top of a fountain. The statue was of me. I staggered back but someone caught me and pushed me forward. I looked back and saw my best friend Ava waving and smiling. I smiled back and continued forward.
"This statue was made by the brightest witches and wizards but it lacks something, a certain shine that only an elite witch could make." He gestured to the statue and I smiled. I pulled out my mother's wand and said a spell in my mind. The whole statue began to shine and glimmer in the sun shine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipopper Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:06 am

Elfian parties were never very...lively. They were more peaceful. Music played and echoed throughout the canyon walls, candles were lit everywhere, and everyone was either dining or slow dancing under the oak tree.
But I loved it. This was my heritage. This was me.
Lollipopper
Lollipopper
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by fairykind1711 Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:21 am

I followed the elder into the woods, almost ready to be scolded. Do not worry, you have nothing to get in trouble for, the elder told me through my mind. We had to speak through our minds when we were in dragon form because we couldn't talk as dragons, and that was a trait that carried over with us when we turned into our human forms.
Then what is this about? I asked, somewhat more curious now.
When you are out there with the other Elite members from other colonies, you will not be the only one feeling insecure, little one, he said. There is more to fear than you fearing you are not ready, and don't forget it.
fairykind1711
fairykind1711
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dramagirl13 Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:40 am

the celebration was amazing, there were golden glowing orbs floating in midair and there was a very strong scent of honeydew in the air.
dramagirl13
dramagirl13
very active.
very active.

Back to top Go down

Post by fairykind1711 Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:45 am

The elder gave me advice for another twenty minutes, on stuff about defensive flying, fire attacks for when I learned to breath fire better. Stuff that only elders usually had access to. Finally we had to get back to the party, since it was in my honor anyways. I got there and it was just like any other party in our colony, except this time the spot light was on me and I was uncomfortable. There were decorative torches in the shape of dragons heads spitting fire into the air for light, but it was cool despite the many of them burning. There were dragons ((All in human form)) talking to one another, in each others heads or out loud, but it was quiet. Peaceful.
fairykind1711
fairykind1711
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by babiebunny64 Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 pm

There was only one way to start a party for us, and it was hunting. Usually the Chief would get the first hunt, but the party was for me, so I held that honor. We gathered all our hunting gear. They stayed back a little, for we had excellent eyesight. Every sound I heard made me more and more alert. I finally found something lurking in the dark. I made a fast, quick motion, and in a few seconds, the animal~a buck~ was down. All the centaurs cheered and they went off to hunt more food. We all met back in an hour and had more than enough to last for a few days. The Centauresses prepared the food for us. As they laid the food on the tables, the Chief made a toast.
babiebunny64
babiebunny64
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipopper Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:16 pm

It was time for the gifts of the Elves. Everyone reverently clapped as I stepped up the stone walkway, fireflies floating around my head. I walked up to the beautifully decorated platform beneath the lit oak tree.
"Aragolos," the leader said to us all with a knowing smile on his face. Elfian girls twittered and giggled at tables when I stepped up there. "We have been blessed for you to represent the Elves in the elite. We give you two gifts to help you on your dangerous journey, risking your life for the Elves. The first," he held his hand up and closed his eyes. Something formed in his hand--an arrow.
He gently laid the arrow tip on my head and said an Elfian blessing, then gave me the arrow in my open hands. It was a glorious golden arrow.
"This arrow will slay anything in the entire Forgotten, but may only be used once. Use it well." he then held out both his hands and brought them together. Something formed inside of his hands out of thin air. It was an elaborate silver ring of a dragon and the Elfian trademark.
"This unleashes your most powerful power." he said. "You are the judge to what that may be."
His wise eyes gave me a look. I knew then that I was chosen for this. The whole colony did.
Lollipopper
Lollipopper
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by babiebunny64 Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:43 pm

And with that toast, came a gift. ((cant think of an actual toast so i'm just gonna skip that part...)) "And so, we all present you this Gift of Valor," two centaurs came out holding a bow. "This bow was handcrafted specially for you. It will bend to your will, allowing you to hit any target." I graciously accepted the gift, looking at all the engravings. Right in the middle of the bow, there was a picture of a centaur.
babiebunny64
babiebunny64
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by fairykind1711 Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:30 pm

((I got nothing))
fairykind1711
fairykind1711
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:10 pm

We had a carnival. Not just any old carnival like the ones we had annually. This carnival was huge! Many witches made their specialties. I wanted to make something but someone said I shouldn't. I wanted to make my famous chocolate covered frogs legs. Just thinking about them made my mouth water. Marco told me he would make them with our little brothers. I smiled my thanks. I walked around and chatted with people. Everyone wanted to shake my hand and speak with me. I was having a hard time getting to where I wanted to be. Finally I found Marco in our little shop. We owned a candy store in the market where all the best candy was sold. I walked in and smelled all of the sweet smells of a candy shop. Greeting after greeting came and went and when I finally got to the back of the store my chocolate covered Frogs legs were done. I was so happy when I saw them. I ran and took one off of the stick it was on, taking a bite out of it. My favorite. I sat down and suddenly everyone wanted to try our frog's legs. I laughed.
"We have plenty" I said in a loud voice. I started to hand them out but everyone gasped. "What what's wrong?" I asked. I turned around and Marco was standing there with his head hung low. Let me please Mary Beth. Then I realized I wasn't supposed to be working. I was the elite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lollipopper Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:40 am

"Thank you." I murmured. I was the best archer in the colony. I slipped the arrow into my other arrows on my back and slid the ring onto my right hand. It was a perfect fit and they felt like they had been there for centuries.
I looked to the horizon. The sixth star was touching it--two more stars to go, then I would be off for a very long time.
The leader read my mind and raised his hands to the Elves. "It is almost time to go," he said grandly. "Now it is time to say our farewells."
Lollipopper
Lollipopper
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:08 am

A man walked into our shop and walked up to me. "My lady, the sixth star is touching. You must start saying your goodbyes." He then turned and walked back out like a phantom. I took a shaky breath in. My heart pounded. I would most likely tear up or cry. The first person I went to was Marco. We hugged for maybe five minutes. I walked to my other little brothers and hugged them as well. I walked out to find Ava. She was sitting on her bench where I normally found her. We hugged for a while then I went around with her and said good bye to all of my friends. When the eighth star was about half way I went back to the candy shop and hugged my brothers one last time. Now my heart really pounded. I would be gone for a long time. Finally the eighth star touched and the same man from earlier led me outside to a waiting chariot with Unicorns as the steeds. The man helped me up then went to the coach seat and we rode off. I looked down to see Ava, Marco, Hector, and Peter waving vigorously. I decided to give them one last surprise and made fireworks in the sky. They all cheered.

Back to top Go down

Post by dramagirl13 Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:40 pm

As the party was widing down to an end because the sixth star was touching, the Farie Queen stood up on a high platform. She announced that there were to be gifts given out to the chosen elite, everyone cheered. I flew up on to the platform, and turned to face the Queen. By now the seventh star was touching the horizion. "Hekate elite of the faries, I award you with: full body armor, and a sword made of pure gold." Everyone gasped. "Now you must bid everybody farewell" I turned to see a chariot of unicorns flying toward me. I picked up the armor and sword and flew off to mee the chariot. I got in and sat on one of the two seats. the only other person in the vessel was the girl from the magical beings colony.
dramagirl13
dramagirl13
very active.
very active.

Back to top Go down

Post by fairykind1711 Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:45 pm

((...uh...))
fairykind1711
fairykind1711
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by dramagirl13 Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:51 pm

(post how you get picked up by the chariot)
dramagirl13
dramagirl13
very active.
very active.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down