The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

3 posters

Go down

Random Thoughts Empty Random Thoughts

Post by 13obthepirate Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Hello all,
I don't know why I'm writing. I feel that I have thoughts and I want to write them down, and it mineaswell be here.
I had thoughts just a moment ago, I don't know where they went. Gone, like millions of other thoughts.

I find writing incredibly hard. It's not that I can't find something to talk about, it is just that I have too much to talk about. Too many thoughts vying for space inside of my brain. Which one do I choose? What happens if I lose a thought that should've been written? What happens then? I realize that there is no repercussion.

I find that I, more than anything, what to affect the world. And I don't get it. I know that I have affected those around me and therefore have affected the world. Humanity is just a group of humans, so affecting some of those in the larger group naturally affects the whole group. I know this. But, I want more. Otherwise, I'm wasting my life. No, that isn't quite right. I don't have a way of describing it.

Humans like beginnings and endings. We love self-contained stories. But we also don't. We love books and we dive headlong into stories. But we always want there to be more. We want sequels and prequels and fanfiction and anything that will give us more story. But, life doesn't have beginnings and endings. In a way, it does, there is birth and death. But birth itself itself is just part of a larger process. And as is death, whether you are religious or not, you believe that the body or soul goes through changes post-death. So...there really is no starting or stopping. To continue that further, there is only a set amount of matter in the universe (as it cannot be created or destroyed), so all the matter in your body was at one point part of something else. There is no start and stop in the human existence. Only processes.

It would be very nice if you responded with your own random thoughts and responses.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Male Posts : 1919
Birthday : 1998-02-10
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dirHGODpM

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by zelf Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:12 pm

I think there is too much hate and intolerance in this world. It is natural for people to have different opinions. You only have to look as far as the debate board here to see that. But why must we be so hateful toward those we disagree with? Why do we feel the need to try to force everyone to think the same way we do? I will probably never know. But I do try to be kind to those who may think about things differently than I do. It seems I have very few enemies as a result.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 19703
Birthday : 1994-06-03
Humor : lol

http://thechatterbox.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:22 pm

I totally agree with Zelf. I always shock my friends when they find out that I'm extremely conservative politically. I accept other people's views so easily and don't argue with them that they just assume that I'm a liberal. It's so weird. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm right. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Male Posts : 3459
Birthday : 1998-06-03
Humor : Everything is funny when you're with friends

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:20 pm

There are some politicians who I think are generally good people. But I would not vote for them.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Voting is hard man
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Especially the presidential elections. Those are kind of big. And if you go to either side they make it look like the guy on the other side is a complete moron.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:37 pm

Basically. I can't believe that I'm going to have to vote in the next election. That seems so weird to me
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:46 pm

This will be my second one. Not really looking forward to it. I only vote because I care about my country and who is trying to run it.

But on to other things. I know some people think zoos and aquariums should not exist. But me? I think they have a place. And they may very well be the only places we get to see some animals that are now extinct in the wild. Now there are some that should be shut down, because they do not give good care to their animals. But I have been to some that do an excellent job in their animal care. Many of them even teach about conservation. So I do not really see anything wrong with them, so long a s the animals housed in them are there because they would not have survived in the wild.

zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:08 am

I go back and forth about these types of things. I'm not personally a fan to even walk around them but I know that certain people really do enjoy them. I think you have a point. There's this problem with the animals being stuck in enclosed spaces and showing symptoms from it. Sea World is one of the worst offenders though they are a little different than a zoo. The ability to help revive a dying species though is huge
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:12 am

Sea world is really just an amusement park.. A legitimate aquarium would take care of an orca much better than that.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:13 am

True. It's a shame. So anyways. How was your mission trip thing
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:15 am

It was good. Should we stay on topic tho?
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:09 pm

The topic, in theory, is so broad that it is impossible to go off topic. The topic is just whatever you're thinking.
Now, I don't want it to be random. And I'd prefer if it was lengthy, well thought out points. But, frankly, I don't really care all that much. It is just a place to share thoughts.

13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Male Posts : 1919
Birthday : 1998-02-10
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dirHGODpM

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Ahh okay.
zelf