The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orphans ((remade))

3 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Orphans ((remade)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Orphans ((remade))

Post by Tiana Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:32 am

((Meera))
I nodded. "That sounds like the best move. We should probably also gather the council and let them know, seeing as it is a threat to all of us." said. "We have to go through the blue serons territory to get to the multi colored territory, we could stop by Jasons camp and let him know, send him to talk to Aldin." How times fly. I would never have been this assured when I started. It would have been stated as a question, and a timid question at that.

((Amy))
"I know you do." I said, putting my arm around her. "And if I could give that to you, I would. You are an amazing little girl and I wish the rest of hatchlings could play with you without watching out as well. Have you seen Kali when you are playing? She keeps a pretty sharp eye on everything around you. She is pretty determined to be in the elite at least, if not taking over Serena's job...." I trailed off, slightly amused and slightly sad. "I guess it makes sense, the elite were protecting her when her parents were killed, she wants to be able to protect people too."
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Female Posts : 2622
Birthday : 1994-01-03
Humor : CANDY!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:41 am

((Zayrx))

"Sounds like a good plan" I said. and so we headed off. The journey to Jasons camp took a few minutes. so we had time to talk. "other than our current situation, how is everything?" I asked her. "how are my sisters?"

((Halie))

"Iv'e noticed." I said. "Her parents were elite as well. So were Carters" I had a feeling that Kali was going to get the position when she got older. I of course knew that I was the future pack leader. and that was not something I was very excited about. "How do you do it?" I asked her. "How do you and dad run an entire pack of serons?"
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 19703
Birthday : 1994-06-03
Humor : lol

http://thechatterbox.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:54 am

((Meera))
"Other than the current situation," I said, letting my bemusement show, "everything is great. Things were finally stating to calm down. They found Kyles replacement. But I haven't had time to work with him because the alert came riiiiight after he agreed." I shook my head. He was getting in on the job faster than most. "And your sisters are fine. Serena is her usual 'can't figure out if I am a professional or an over excited child with power' self. And Erica has become quite the looker and is attracting all the male attention."I added.

((Amy))
I snorted. "With a lot of patience. You should have seen the mess this pack was in before you were born. This is a vast improvement if you can believe it."
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:07 am

((Zayrx))

I laughed a little. That sounded exactly like Serena and Erica. I had not visited them in a while. But Meera always told me how they were doing. Jasons camp was in sight now.

((Halie))

I leaned my head on my mothers shoulder. Then suddenly I looked at her. I knew that there would be a terrible battle soon. "Promise me that you and dad won't die" I said. My fears came to the surface and tears started to pool in my eyes. Yes I was concerned about my own safety, but I was very terrified that they would go out to fight one day, and not return. I knew serons, even pack leaders, were killed when there was a battle. It did not help that I knew hatchlings who had it happen to them.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:18 am

((Meera))
I could see the camp now. "And in other news." I said, "I've missed you." I just wanted that said before we got into camp. Once there I would be the professional again, and then we needed to make a fast trip, probably flying, to the multi colored camp and there were be no time for personal notes.

((Amy))
She always acted so much older than she was, sometimes I forgot she was still a child. Even a moment ago when she was complaining that she couldn't play without fear, she still had such an adult air of understanding around her. And now she had shaken it off and become the hatchling she was.
"Oh honey." I said quietly, pulled her onto my lap and smoothing her hair as I hugged her. "I promise that we will do everything in our power to make sure no one dies today except the Fareks."
Do you have a moment? I asked Aldin. He was probably busy, but if he could get away even just for a second, it would be log enough to give Halie a hug and let her know that she would be alright.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:26 am

((Zayrx))

"Iv'e missed you to" I said. Then we were there. We were conducted to Jasons cave. He was not married yet and had no children. He had only been the leader here for about ten years. We told him about what was happening. I could see his concern. "We will go and lend aide to the gold serons right away" he said.

((Aldin))

Of course I said. and headed over.

((Halie))

I barely noticed that my dad was there. I was sobbing quitely as all of my emotions came out.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:45 am

((Meera))
I nodded, "That would be good. If Aldin is busy find Serena, she'll help you with whatever you need. She is the head elite." He probably new her in passing, she was the sister of the leader of serons after all.

((Amy))
Aldin arrived fairly quickly and sat down without needing to say anything. He wrapped his arms around both of us and I leaned into him, resting my head on his shoulder but continuing to sooth Halie.
She is so serious most of the time, I sometimes forget how fragile she can be. I said to him alone. Almost like a certain husband of mine. Not that Aldin was fragile, but he made himself out to be a lot stronger than he was and quite often overloaded himself.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:55 am

((Jason))
I left some fighters behind in case my camp was attacked. and headed to the gold seron camp. Our arrival was very welcome.

((Aldin))

These are hard times for all of us I said to Amy as I held Halie a little closer to me. She was right that I often over worked myself. I was made pack leader before I was an adult seron. I acted a lot stronger than I really was. If the pack lost confidence in their leader they would lose the confidence to keep fighting. Halie had calmed down a little.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:30 am

((Serena))
I was checking to make sure that everyone was where they were supposed to be when I was approached by a blue seron. I recognized him a moment later as the leader, but I wasn't sure of his name. I brushed my bangs from my face and rose from where I was kneeling by the hatchlings hide out. "Hullo, do you need to speak with Aldin?" I asked.

((Meera))
We flew to the multi colored camp as fast as we could, landing about half an hour later. Jeremiah happened to be out with his fighters discussion something. He seemed surprised to see us. He was a cheerful kind of person who was one of those deceptively huge bodies that reminds one of a bear, and yet one of the most mellow of personalities.
"Meera, it has been a while. I got word you are getting married? Congratulations! And would this be him?" I couldn't help but laugh. "Yes, this is Zaryx." I said, but then I sobered as I thought about how much time had passed already. We needed help fast. "I wish I could say we had come solely to bring good news. But sadly that is not the case." He became serious, "What is wrong?" I quickly explained the situation to him, and the reason for our visit. He agreed to help and and before long we were in the middle of battle preparations as they readied their own camp, and some of the fighters prepared to leave. Mean while Zayrx and Jeremiah discussed the best way to get to the camps, where his fighters should be, and whatever else leaders discuss While they were busy I went to help the head elite. There were a lot of things that needed doing in two groups so I thought she might appreciate the help.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:47 am

((Jason))

"If he is available." I said. "Meera told me about the situation here" I realized that I had not introduced myself. "I'm jason by the way"

((Jasmine))

My team of fighters was tasked with reinforcing the defenses. Each one of the elite was commander over some of the fighters in the pack. The less experenced elite had less, probably a couple dozen, and the more experienced had more. When I started I was over twenty fighters. Now I had about two hundred under my command. We were trying to make it as hard as possible for enemies to even get in. But still make it reasonable for us to get in and out ourselves. I noticed some blue serons came in to the camp. But I kept working. Serena seemed to have it handled. I glanced up and saw what looked like a cloud coming in the distance. I knew exactly what it really was tho. They were still a good distance off. But we were running out of time. I can see them I reported to Serena.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:54 am

((Serena))
I gave a quick smile. "Serena. I will check with Aldin...." I paused as Jasmine gave me the alert. Then I cursed. "They've been spotted." I told Jason. Aldin, we can see them. We have the leader of the blue pack, Jason, here but no sign of Meera.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:58 am

((Aldin))

Keep up with preparations like normal I instructed her. you and I will talk with Jason, Amy is occupied at the moment.

((Zayrx))

Jeremiah gave me some of his fighters to take to the gold seron camp. He decided to stay behind and defend his own territory with the fighters that were staying behind.

zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:33 pm

((Serena))
I sighed and turned to Jason. "He'll be down in a moment." I bit my lips going over everything that I needed to do. The retired serons were in their hiding place, including a very unhappy Zack. The hatchlings were where they were supposed to be including a very unhappy Kali and excluding Halie who was with her mother. The fighters were doing what they needed to do so there wasn't much for me to do except stick with Jason.
"Do you know where Meera went after alerting you?" I asked. "And was my brother with her?" I paused, then added, "Zayrx I mean."
With out noticing I had pulled my braid over one shoulder and was tugging gently. It always helped me think and it kept my hands busy at the same time.

((Meera))
If we flew fast and straight we could cut through the blue seron territory and get to the camp in 45 minutes tops. I just hoped that was fast enough.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:24 pm

((Halie))

I eventually calmed down enough that I could be taken to the hiding place. My eyes were red from all of the crying I had just done. I was glad that my mother had allowed me to let it all out. I still had fears. But at least I felt better now. Before I went in I turned and gave her one more hug. "love you" I said. "give dad a hug from me too and tell him I love him" I then turned and went in to the hiding place not entirely sure if I would see them alive again. But at least now I knew I would have left them on good terms.

((Aldin))

I met Jason and Serena to begin discussing plans. I glanced at the Ferak army off in the distance. they were still far away but getting closer. I instructed the guards to keep an eye on them while we talked. "Alright, let's see how you can work with each other" I said. "We could place our fighters in the kinds of places they specialize in as much as possible" Jason suggested. "I know there is river that runs along your camp. Blue serons are very good in the water. some of my fighters can wait in there and supprise them when they try to cross." I nodded thoughtfully. All serons were good swimmers, but blue serons were really good. they got around in water as easily as we got around on flat ground. If they lured the feraks into the river, they would have a big advantage over them. "We could also put the gold seron fighters on the cliffs" I said. "what do you think serena?"
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:09 pm

((Kali))
I saw Halie come in with red eyes and went over to give her a hug. I knew what she was afraid of. we all did. We had all felt that bitter sting of knowing our parents were most likely going to die. I had been comforting the new hatchlings that Halies parents and Serena brought in but now I moved next to her and gave her a hug.
It'll be okay. I said. Now that we were in the hiding place we needed to make as little sound as possible, so most of us stuck to mind talk.

((Serena))
I nodded, "That would be the smartest move. If only there was a way to weigh the darn things down so they would drown..."

Last edited by Tiana on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:13 pm

((Aldin))

It was not long after our discussion and everyone is in place that they arrived. I could see individual shapes now. I was looking for the leader. He was always the huge black one with glowing red eyes. He may not have come but maybe... I spotted him in the center. He looked to be pretty young. and by the looks of it had taken over as leader not long ago. Feraks move up in rank by challenging those who out rank them. if they are able to kill them they gain that rank. and so the leader was always the strongest one. He could usually keep his position until he passed his prime. The last leader must have been getting older, and this new one took the opportunity, challenged him, and now here he was. But I did not have much time to dwell on it. It seemed like an endless supply of Feraks was coming over the hill. Just a third of them majorly out numbered us. Some of the serons had suggested that we abandon the camp. But I knew that many of the older serons and many of the hatchlings would not be able to keep up. and I would never leave them behind. and so we would fight. The feraks wasted no time in announcing that they were going to attack. All at once they rushed our camp. I noticed that several of them were dragged under water when they tried to cross the river and discovered blue seron fighters were there. Then they were on us. I saw one of my fighters get tackled off of the cliff by a ferak. I was not sure what his fate was. One jumped at me. I dodged him. He instead went sailing over my head and off the edge of the cliff. Feraks could not fly, so he hit the ground. One was coming up from behind me and I hit it with my tail. While he was stunned I turned and tackled him digging my teeth into his throught. he was dead in seconds. I had a bitter taste in my mouth. Ferak blood tasted terrible. But I had no time to dwell on it. I quickly killed two more. So far we were keeping them off of the cliffs for the most part. But I did not know how long we could keep it up. they were relentless in their siege, and we only had so much energy. My scales glowed as I began shooting energy balls at them. several of them were knocked off of the cliff. But despite our best efforts we began to lose ground. Many of our fighters had been killed and those of us who were still alive had many wounds. I was trying not to limp with several huge gashes in my right shoulder and my side. We were now a good distance back from the edge and getting closer to the leaders cave. I knew we were dangourasly close to the hatchlings hiding place. Our pack was in terrible shape. More than half of our fighters were dead, including several of the elite. Amy fought bravely along side me, and many feraks died at her hands. We exchanged a quick look. We knew that we could not hold them off much longer.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:41 am

((Amy))
I would not give in for all the food and clothes and vitals in the world. These things would not get near those hatchlings while there was breath in my body. Sadly, that time when there was no breath seemed near at hand. I glanced at Aldin. He was my husband, and also my friend. I would keep going as long as he did. But none of us were going to last much longer in this.

((Meera))
We got there in the nick of time. The pack wasn't looking good, and from my view I could see that Aldin didn't look great either. I flew straight for him and Amy and dropped down behind them. I got your back. And I even brought multi colored help.
I snapped at a ferak that got too close, it growled back but it didn't get time to do more as I lashed out and killed it. We all fought hard and with the help of the multi colored serons were able to gain some ground. the stories weren't exaggerating when they said the multi colored serons were powerful. I found myself being grateful they were on my side.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:08 pm

((Zayrx))

The feraks were pushed back little by little. The arrival of the multi colored serons was much needed. The gold and blue fighters who were left seemed to gain back some of their courage and fight a little harder when they saw that help had arrived. I was glad to see that Serena and Erica were still alive. After more fighting the feraks began a full retreat. Many of them turning their backs and fleeing. Soon all of them had fled. and there was quiet.

((Aldin))

The Feraks were gone. But there was much damage that was done. Only Meera, Jasmine. Donivan and Serena were left from the Elite. and more than half of the fighters were dead. Those who were left looked to be on the edge of being dead. I of course felt like I was close to being dead.

((Halie))

Suddenly everything was quite. That was either a good thing, or a really bad thing do you think it's safe? I said to the others.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:03 pm

(Woahhhh there. I didn't even notice this happened and already it's three pages in?
Which generation is this? What color pack? and may I join?)
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Female Posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:44 am

((yes you may join))
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:41 pm

((It's the same generation as the hunger games seron mix, but much later. If Zelf hasn't given you the run down I can.))

((Kali))
I shook my head. If the feraks won they may be waiting. We don't want to be trapped. And if they haven't grabbed us they don't know we are here. We are better off waiting and seeing if one of the adults calls us for now.

((Amy))
I was exhausted, bleeding, bruised and battered. But the feraks were gone. I let out a sigh and sank to my knees. I had a gash running down my leg that I only now became aware of. I hissed as I looked at it. I couldn't change into human form in this state. It would kill me.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:08 am

((Aldin))

Zayrx and Meera arrived just in time to save us from total destruction. But our pack was in terrible condition. I knew we could not defend our selves on our own in this state. I also knew that it was not safe for the hatchlings anymore. So far we had done the best we could to protect them, but this time our line of defense had almost been broken. I did not want to send them away, especially not Halie. But as the current circumstances were we did not have any other choice. As I thought about this one of the healers came up to me and began to heal my wounds.

((Halie))

soon we were called our by the adults. I tried not to look at the scene. The battle obviously had been a terrible one. I scanned the area frantically for my parents, fearing they had been killed too. Then I saw them. They were torn up pretty badly but they were alive. I immediately went over to them. I was going to give them a big hug, but then I decided it probably was not a good idea right now. Now I was smart enough to know that the way this battle turned out meant it was no longer safe for the other hatchlings and me. "you don't have to tell me" I said. "I know you have to send me away now" As much as they didn't want to send me away, I did not want to leave. But now is the question, where do they send us away to? There was a place, on the eastern part of the white seron territory, where only seron hatchlings could enter. Lesser animals could enter, so that we could have something to hunt and eat. We would be safe there, but our parents would not be able to visit us in person. and seeing how this was going it would be a very long time before we saw eachother again. and so I was spending as much time with my parents as I could.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:16 pm

((Amy))
I sighed internally as I looked at the girl. For all I knew I was never going to see her again after she left, or the next time I saw her she might be fully grown. I didn't like that thought. I just wanted to pick her up and hold her, but I was still injured. The healer had done his best, but I had insisted that he only make sure I was able to live. Beyond that heal the people who needed it most. So I no longer had any serious damage, but I was still bruised and the slice on my leg ached.
If we could find a way to keep you all here safe we would. I told her sincerely.

((Kali))
I just kind of sat by the entrance to the leaders cave and stared down. How many orphans did we have now? 100? 500? It was hard to say. I wanted to cry, but I had no tears left. I wanted to kick and yell and scream that it wasn't fair. I wanted to shred those fareks for taking our peaceful life from us. But they were gone and it would do anything useful. Strictly speaking I couldn't do anything useful. I was a hatchling. The most useful thing I did was gather the other hatchlings, which anyone could have done.
I was jolted from my thoughts by Serena as she sat down next to me. At first she was silent, then she took a deep breath. "It's a mess isn't it? Part of me wants to run away and never have to face it again. Never love anyone and just live alone where I don't have to worry about everyone I know getting killed. And a bigger part of me wants to hunt down every farek in the world and kill them. Yet all I can do is sit here and count the living, hoping they will outnumber the dead." She shook her head. "I know how you feel Kali, I was there once. I wish I could tell you it gets better, but it doesn't. You just learn how to deal with it."

((Meera))
I went looking for Zayrx and Jason. They were talking when I found them and I let out the breath I hadn't realized I had been holding. I did not want to be responsible for the blue pack losing a leader, nor the council losing a leader, nor me losing my fiance. How are you two doing?
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:27 pm

((Zayrx))

I am doing alright. I said. But there is a lot of damage done here. We cannot leave this pack in this condition. But Jeremiah may be wanting his fighters back. then jason spoke up. I didn't bring all of my fighters here. If Aldin and Amy are willing, we can merge our packs until we get through this.

((Halie))

I sighed I know, I just wish they would leave us alone I said. Why can't they just stay in their own lands and mind their own business? I was getting upset. I had only just started learning how to use magic, and my emotions were connected to how well I controlled it. The walls of the cliff shook a little as my outburst released magical energy. If I didn't calm down it might get worse.

zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:21 pm

((Maybe Carter or Zack could go to see what Serena and Kali are up to. I imagine Zack would want to know Serena is alive.))

((Amy))
I was healed enough to switch to human form without it killing me, so I did so now. Kneeling down in front of the hatchling grimly, I put my hands on her shoulders. "Hey, listen to me. I know it is hard, but we will get through this. You have many many years before you. And one day you will know outer peace. But right now you need to find inner peace. Your magic is stronger than you realize, and you are stronger than you realize too."

((Kali))
I didn't saw anything at first, but then the rocks in the cliff shook. I started to stand but Serena pulled me back down and pointed to where Halie was standing with her parents. "She is upset and still learning how to control her powers. Not another attack." she explained.
"I can understand why. None of us want to leave. she is just the only one that can do damage by being upset. Probably a good thing too." I added.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next