The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The invasion (continuation of orphans))

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The invasion (continuation of orphans)) Empty The invasion (continuation of orphans))

Post by zelf Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 am

It has been twenty years since the events of orphans. The packs have enjoyed a time of peace and have once again become strong. But the time has come for them to make an effort to defeat reshima once and for all. They plan to invade black seron territory. But if they are to have any hope at victory they must find and destroy the creature mentioned by Marcus, one who is similar to xzarna . We begin this roleplay as a team of special forces fighters is sent out lead by halie and katlyn to seek out and destroy this demon. Our characters are members of this team. there is also a group of hatchlings who find themselves way in over their heads as their curiosity gets them unavoidably involved with the whole conflict. We also each have a hatchling character who is a part of this group of hatchlings.

My character first character.

Name: Isaac

Description: sort of tallish with light brown hair and dark blue eyes.

Personality: confident and very loyal. He will do anything his leaders ask him to do. He enjoys being in the special forces team as it allows him to really use his skills.

Pack: Gold serons.

My second character:

Name: Nathan

Description: He is the son of Aldin and amy. He has dark hair but his eyes are the same color as his mothers. His skin is lightly tanned from being in the sun a lot.

Personality: Very adventurous and does not seem to have any sense of danger. Over all he is not a bad kid but his curiosity has out him in many dangerous situations. He admires his older sister, halie, and wants to be like her one day. He also has formed  a bond with serena, the elite gaurd. Who he adores despite her usually being the one to tell his parents when he has broken something again.

((the beginning of the story. ))

I stood ready to leave as halie and katlyn checked to see if everyone was here. Halie walked with a limp as a result of being poisoned as a hatchling. But it did not seem to slow her down one bit. They both seemed satisfied and halie went off to see if her parents had any last minute instructions.

((halie))

I made my way to where my parents were. They were deep in conversation with serena. my team is ready to head out I informed them. are there any other instructions you would like to give me?

((aldin))

come back alive I told her. I had questioned myself having her lead this mission. But eventually we had decided that she was the best once for it. But I still did not like sending my child into such danger. We had another child now too. Nathan had hatched only five months ago and he was full of energy. His human form looked like a eight or nine year old human boy. He also exercised a lot less caution than his sister did as a hatchling. He was often getting himself into precarious situations. The elite had soon learned that when it was their turn to guard Nathan that shift usually consisted of making sure he did not accidentally kill himself or break something important more than it involved actually protecting him from anybody. Amy and I did love him just as much as we did halie. But that boy did drive us almost mad with worry sometimes.  

((zayrx))

Meera and I were at the White seron camp. We were helping them find a new leader. Aaron had died unexpectedly in his sleep and his head elite had been killed in an accident. The remaining members of the elite had done an amazing job so far keeping order. But I knew if we did not get a leader soon the pack coukd fall in to chaos. Aaron had no children so that was out of the question. Normally we would have found a replacement sooner. But he had been in excellent health despite his age and we had thought we would have time. Then Micheal, his head elite died in an accidental rock slide the very next day. And so here I was with meera to help maintain order here and to help them figure out who their new leader would be. the problem is getting them all to agree on one person I said to meera. In order for the new leader to be chosen every single elite must agree on it. Not even I had the power to force a new leader on them in this case. I had the power to remove one, but choosing one I could only suggest, the white seron Elite had to choose. everyone they choose is a wonderful choice. All of them are honorable serons who would lead this pack to great things. But they just cannot all agree.and it needs to be soon. If the white serons are going to help us they need to have a pack leader in place and a solid pack government.  

((Nathan))

I came out to say goodbye to halie. I really admired my big sister. I was a little more adventurous than she was at my age tho. "you be good" she said to me. "Of course I'll be good!" I said a little defensively. She just rolled her eyes and smiled a little. She hugged me and then she got up and hugged mom and dad. Then she was off. Walking with that limp she always had. "I want to be like her one day" I said to my mother. As I watched my sister lead her team out. Yes halie did walk with a limp which might make her seem weaker to some. But it just made me look up to her more. It was a sign that she had survived and whatever happened to her hadn't stopped her. And there was one time someone did challenge her because they thought she was not in the right condition to be in a position of leadership. She proved that she was fully able when a split second later he was on the ground and she was on top of him.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 19703
Birthday : 1994-06-03
Humor : lol

http://thechatterbox.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

The invasion (continuation of orphans)) Empty Re: The invasion (continuation of orphans))

Post by Tiana Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Name: Sera

Description:  Sturdy build, but not heavy, around 5'5 in human form with short brown hair and light blue eyes

Personality: She can be sweet if she considers you a friend, but she is also very sassy and sarcastic. She does take her job seriously though and has a great respect for her leaders.

Pack: Gold serons

Hatchling

Name: Tanya

Description: Daughter of Meera and Zayrx she looks like the two of them smashed together. Moderately tall for her age

Personality:  always curious. She hopes to be a healer or a leader one day.

((Amy))

I gave Halie a hug before she left. Don't worry about your father, he's going to worry. Just keep us posted and be safe. You are going to be a great leader. I said to her encouragingly, realizing that I sounded worried as well. So much for a great mom pep talk. I took Aldins hand as she walked away. Our little baby was off to see the world.
"I want to be like her one day" said Nathan as we watched her go. I smiled lightly, "You will be. Just enjoy today while you've got it. Age comes far too fast and then you miss those days when the most interesting and important thing to do in the day is chase lizards from the cave."

((Meera))

Did they have a third, or a cousin or something? I asked Zayrx. This was going to be frustrating. Thankfully we were dealing with the white serons, not the red. Otherwise we'd be doomed. Thankfully, James had just had his third hatchling so that was not something I'd have to worry about any time soon. We need to at least appoint temporary leadership until they decide what they want to do.

((Sera))

"So, are you looking forward to seeing where we came from?" I asked Issac as I bit into an apple. I was only a year older than him so I didn't remember the old forest well, but I remembered bits of it. I did wonder if we would see our old camp. Did we want to see our old camp? That was the part I would never forget, that last battle before we left. They tried to keep us hatchlings from seeing it but it was terrible. I shook my head and resumed teasing Issac. "I hear there are bears that stand twice as tall as a human, think you can handle it?"

((Serena))
I watched from above as Halie left. I had said goodbye to her earlier. She was out to seep the creature that had twisted one of my closest friends mind. I was scared to death for her, and for us if something went wrong, but I tried not to show it. "Be safe, don't let the guys mess with you too much. Just show them a time or two that you can totally kick their butts and they'll leave you alone." I had said with a laugh. Inside I was churning. Please don't let anything happen to them! I thought hopelessly.

((Tanya))
Mom and Dad were busy today so I was hanging out at the gold seron camp with Nathan. Sometimes we played games with our powers, but Aldin had banned that today, saying that he didn't need us starting an earthquake or something like that. So once his sister was gone I gave him a gentle punch in the arm, "Tag!" I squealed before taking off across the camp.

Last edited by Tiana on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Female Posts : 2622
Birthday : 1994-01-03
Humor : CANDY!!!

Back to top Go down

The invasion (continuation of orphans)) Empty Re: The invasion (continuation of orphans))

Post by zelf Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:48 am

(I think you mean Tanya is 12 in seron years. 12 in human years she would already be an adult)

(Nathan)

"hey!" I said and took off after her. Both of us were really fast. But being tall than me she had a longer stride. However I knew this camp better than she did. We chased each other around the rocks and cliffs of the gold seron camp with no fear of falling. She lived with her parents. But she had gold seron blood in her so she was still able to get around on the rocks as easily as she did on the ground.  I managed to touch her and she began chasing me. I shifted to seron form because it was faster and because in this form in was a lot easier to get around on the cliffs. I glanced back in time to see her shift too.

After playing for a while it was time for both of us to be examined. Tanya was at the stage where she was training with the blue serons. But the gold pack still kept track of her progress. We were all sweaty from playing so we had to wash up first. She headed over to the girls section of the cave while I went to the my families private area. There was a bath in there that was kept warm with magic. I went in and washed myself then went our to where my mother was in the cave to be inspected. It was time to see if my hard work was paying off.

((Jasmine))

I was in the washing area cleaning up after my daily workout when Tanya came in. I was just rinsing myself off. "how was your game with nathan?" I asked her.

((aldin))

I watched the hatchlings chase each other. It reminded me of when I was a hatchling and serena and I would chase each other a round the camp. Those two were a lot like us. We too had been basically inseparable and often got ourselves into trouble. Nathan is a lot like I was at that age. I said to amy and serena. I am not sure if I should be worried about that or not. Serena and I did spend quite a bit of time in the leaders cave being asked to explain our latest adventure that usually ended in one of us or something else being broken. I'll admit tho, at least half of them were my idea.

I walked into the cave in the middle of amy looking over Nathan. The boy was clearly doing an excellent job. Although there were a couple of areas in which he might improve. Amy looked as beautiful as ever. The great thing about serons aging so slowly is that we had an adult daughter. And amy still looked like she was in her early twenties. In my opinion she was the most beautiful girl in the pack. In the opinion of the members of the pack she was one of the most beautiful in the pack. Some even tried to convince her I was cheating on her so that she would leave me and go to them. But they forgot that my mind was always open to her and she knew that I remained faithful. I had not slept with anyone but her. In fact she was the only girl with I ever slept with. Even after all these years and two children now she still had a perfect body shape. But I did not love her for her body. I loved her because of who she was. If she was the ugliest girl on earth I still would have married her.

((zayrx))

I think right now we are the temporary leadership I said. perhaps we should suggest the elite who has been serving the longest takes over.

((isaac))

"if after all of that training I could not handle a bear. I would never hear the end of it" we were special forces fighters. So our training was really intense. The only training that matched it was the training the elite went through and of course the leader training too. In order to get on the special forces team you had to take a five year course and then take a very tough test that was many times harder than what fighters had to do. I was very happy when both Sera and I had passed. "I am not sure how I would feel seeing the old camp tho" I said " my last memory of that place was the ferak attack." We were stopped for the night. We had traveled all day. We were going to pass through our old forest. But halie and katlyn planned to go further than that. The creature we were looking for was most likely going to be beyond black seron territory, in the place where the packs originally resided.

((Leah))

I came over to sit with Isaac and Sera. The three of us had become friends during our training to join the special forces group. The relationship between Isaac and me however had slowly grown to more than just being friends. Sera teased him about it. But she supported us fully and blew up on anyone who said we should not be together. We had been officially... serons don't have a word for it, but humans call it "dating" or so Amy has told me. For about two years now. But he was not just my boyfriend, he was my best friend. "keeping him under control?" I asked  Sera.

Last edited by zelf on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:36 pm

((Tanya))
"Of course." I said with a grin. "I beat the tar out of him." Not quite true, I had only barely won because I was able to trip him, but he beat me on the race back. He was faster than he looked. Jasmine laughed before getting down to business. She had me was up, then inspected me.
"Hm, Your speed is better than last time, you still need to work on that though. Your upper body strength is coming along beautifully though. Good job." I beamed. My parents had a not of respect for Jasmine, and I did too. She was a good warrior. The words settled with a warm glow in my chest. I really did hope to be like her one day.

((Amy))
I allowed a small smile to grace my lips as I shamelessly listened to Adlins thoughts while checking Nathan. I didn't look at him yet though, instead focusing on examining our sons muscle tones.
Keep thinking like that and I may have to send Nathan from the cave for a while.
I said teasingly. Out loud I said, "Looking good buddy. You have been keeping up on your work." I stood and tousled his hair. "Keep this up and you might even be able to beat your old man." I gave a wicked grin over the boys head. I had chosen my words intentionally, seeing as Adlin looked about as old as I did, which is to say he didn't. He still had that young, wiry lean build that I could not get enough of topped with an amazing personality and a wonderful sense of humor. The only part of him that had aged since we had met had been his mind. Leaders grow old with war. That is what I thought. He had even almost retired. Towards the end we had barely talked, and when we did we discussed war, Haley, and pack problems. we had little to no time alone together and when we did get time we had so little sleep that all we did was lay down in the bed and hope no one woke us.  Yet after the move, when we were free to relax, his spryness had come back, along with his ability to smile as is the world weren't weighing on his shoulders. A lot of things had changed in the last 20 years. Aldin and I rekindled our love, ad renewed our vows. The serons who were most opposed to me were found to be plotting to kill our daughter and were killed. After than the other fighters were more inclined to be nice to me, but one day I got sick of the whispers and shared with the entire pack the memory of my realization that I was in love with Aldin, and how I had run away, convinced I was not good enough for him. I didn't give full details but enough toshow them that Aldin had approached me despite my resistance and I had not bewitched him. I also shared my love for my pack. It wasn't long after that that people started trying to convince me that Aldin was cheating on me.A laughable idea really. A few had even told Aldin I was cheating on him. But it was moments like right now, when we could hear and feel each others thoughts and emotions as if they were our own that proved the wrong. He was mine, and I was his.

((Meera))
I nodded. Sounds like a plan. Before I could anything else I felt Tanya reach out, asking where we were, To challenge her I sent her a mental image of the camp without any serons in it. O right, tell them I am sorry for their loss. But if you see Kaice tell her I can totally kick her but. I smiled proudly. Will do. Wee will be home tonight. I told her. I glanced at Zayrx, "How did we get so lucky?" I asked. I never thought it wasn't possible to love her more and yet each she found a way to get me to expand my love to cover her ever growing personality.

((Sara))
I ginned, "Nope, that is your job now, I am just an observer." I went back to my apple. Isaac was my brother by adoption, and Leah was on of my best friends. I didn't know what I'd do without them.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:49 am

(nathan)

I grinned "I'm able to run five miles further than the last time you checked me" I said. That addition meant that I could now run fifteen miles without getting tired. It was very good for someone my age. I went off to change out of my sweaty clothes

((aldin)

I smiled "good job Nathan" I said "you are getting better all the time " to amy I said There will be plenty of time for that later we were actually trying to have at least one more hatchling. More than that we had not decided yet. But we were certain we wanted at least one more. There was a chance it wouldn't work out. But halie and Nathan were proof that it was possible for us to have children.

((Zayrx))

she has an amazing mother to teach her I said. Tanya was a wonderful addition to our family. Everyone loved her the moment she hatched with a detailed description of why she disliked her time inside her egg (serons Remember being in their egg. And also why they decided to come out when they did. They do not have a human form at first but they have a full vocabulary in mental speech). Apparently she came out because after a week or so she got bored. I didn't blame her. I remembered being in my egg too well. I was safe in there. But there wasn't much room to move around. I felt bad for those hatchlings who had to wait a long time before it was safe.

The white seron Elite all agreed on our idea, and a new leader was appointed. The decision would be announced to the pack the following day. But our part was done. We would head home tonight.

((Leah))

I laughed "oh, so you just shove him onto his girlfriend " I said. Sitting on the other side of Isaac. "where do you suppose we will end up finding this demon?" I asked both of them.

((Isaac))

"I think he may have taken residence in the place the packs lived in the time of Marcus" I said. "I think Halie has that idea too because she is taking us in that direction."

((Jasmime))

Tanya was doing really good. There were some big improvements from the last time she was checked. I gave her a recommended workout routine that would help her get more parts of her body and get her speed up. Then I let her go.

Last edited by zelf on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:44 pm

((Amy))
I grinned at Nathans excitment. He was doing very well. "Keep up the good work!" I said proudly as he moved to find clothes. While he was distracted I turned my attention to my husband. Tease. I said with an easy smile as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. I heard Serena come in and protested jokingly. "Get a cave!" she exclaimed in mock disgust. I smirked as I pulled away from the kiss, but kept a hold on Aldin. "I have one, you are in it." I replied. "Ahhh, right. Almost forgot that." I shook my head. Like she could forget where her leader lived. "What can we do for you?" I asked, getting to the reason for her visit. "I thought you'd want to know that Meera and Zaryx reached a disicion and will be heading back soon to see Tanya before she goes to stay with the blue serons."
Right, I had asked her to let me know if she heard from hee brother.

((Meera))
I bumped his shoulder playfully at his compliment. "And a fantastic father who also teaches her a lot, if not more." after we were don't with the pack I started twiching to go. Tanya had a lot of work to do and would be staying with the blue serons for several weeks. I was eger to see her before she left.

((Sara))
As she asked the question my mood mellowed conciderably as the reason for our mission flooded my mind. I shivered slightly. "What are we supposwd to do when we find it? " I asked quietly. By my understanding it had conciderable powers and was the reason the blaack serons had a foemly gold seron leader. How could we fight that?

((Tanya))
I thanked Jasmine as I got dressed again. I checked in with mom and felt her glow of pleasure when I recognized the white seron camp. I glowed myaelf. I was learning. I was supposed to be there now, but Aarons death had thrown the pack for a loop and my parents had decided That it would be better to wait until they were sattled into a new leader. It made sense. I was disappointed though. I had ewally been looking forward to working with Aaron. On the upside, I would be with my aunt and her husband at the blue seron camp. Their second son mass just hatched and I couldn't wait to meet my new cousin.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:33 pm

((Aldin))

"tthat's great news" I said to serena. Nathan fineshed getting dressed and came over to join us. He really liked serena and spent a lot of time with her. She seemed to have taken it upon herself to help us raise our children.

((Nathan))

I smiled at serena. I was going to spend the day with her while my parents got some time alone. The head elite got a lot of criticism from some. They thought she should separate her personal life from her job and spending time with me outside of being a guard just was not something she should do. But she did a great job anyway. And my parents appreciated the help. Serena was good at finding ways to entertain me.

((Leah))

I sighed and shook my head. "I really don't know" I said. And leaned into Isaac. He put his arm around me. Despite the Weight of the conversation I could see sera smiling a little when she looked at us. I knew that despite her teasing she was happy we were with each other. "but doing nothing might mean we eventually get driven out again. We need to take care of this while we are strong"

((Isaac)0

"at least we have katlyn and halie leading us into this" I said. "I feel a little better knowing both our commanders have leader powers. And katlyn is the most powerful magic user alive" of course, power and skill were two different things. Katkyn did have a lot of skill in magic combat tho. And halie was probably the best if not one of the best at magic combat.

((Zayrx)

We arrived in time to see Tanya off. At the blue seron camp she would spend more time in the water than out. She was only going to bring clothes that could get wet in. "do your best" I said hugging her. Nathan also came over to say goodbye to his friend.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:00 pm

((Amy))
As Serena took Nathan from the cave I leaned into Aldin slightly. If you had told me 300 years ago that a: I was going to live 300 years, and b: I was going to have children that can turn into small dragons I would have told you you were crazy. I told him with amusement. I would not change one minute of it though. I felt his mind shift to the years of war. Understandable. I still had you. You make me happy even when we are at our worst. I will never regret being with you.

((Serena))
I watched over Nathan and kept guard until Meera and Zaryx got back, then I posted another elite in my spot and went down to say goodbye to my niece. "Don't cause too much trouble over there, you know Erica and I will both take aunt privileges and kick you in the tush." I told her with mock sternness. It was wasted on her as she laughed at me and gave me a hug. "Whatever you say Aunty." Shaking my head I glanced at the elite who had come to fetch her. "Let us know when you get to camp. He nodded smartly.

((Meera))
Tanya laughed as I hugged her tightly. "You are allowed to visit you know, Mom." She said teasingly. "It's not like Aunt Erica is going to ban us from seeing each other." I shook my head. "I know. You are just getting so big. Just give me my moment."

((Tanya))
I laughed and hugged her again. I was going to miss her too. I was just teasing. Dad hugged me and told me to do my best. "Of course, I learned from the best." I responded with mock offence. "What else would I do but my very best? Seriously though, I love you guys. I will keep in touch." I hugged Nathan last. "Gets in lot of trouble without me." I teased.

((Sara))
Shaking my head I stood and stretched. "I dunno. Hopefully it will be enough. I am going to go for a walk, you two have fun." I gave a wicked grin at their innocent faces.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:11 am

((Nathan)0

I smiled "I will try not to get grounded again" I said. The last time I was grounded was a  month ago when I collapsed the fighters cave. For two weeks I was only allowed to leave the leaders cave for training. I think they are still trying to fix parts of it. For several hours things went well serena had plenty for me to do. But at one point I was chasing a lizard. That by itself was not unusual. I did that all the time. But this time was different. As I ran onto a ledge I heard serena shout a wanting for me to stop. But I was too late. I only had time to let out a terrified yelp as the ground gave out from under me and I fell hundreds of feet to the ground.

Carter)0

I sat high up on a cliff with Helena. We had become very close by now. In fact we were more than just friends. We were enjoying our time together and the view. "I love it up here" I said. "you can see......." I was going to say 'everything' but instead what came out was "what are the green serons doing?" The green serons were staring at a shiny rock as if it were some sort of god.

(Jasmine)
I rushed over to where nathan had fallen. The rocks from the ledge buried him. But I could sense life still "He's alive!" I called out. As the news spread that he was alive fighters ran from all directions to dig him out.

(Halie))

I was walking around seeing how everyone was doing. Understandably there was a lot of nervousness in the air. I didn't blame them. None of us really knew what we were going to do when we found this thing. While I was walking I ran into sera. I knew her a little. Her parents were elite and when we were hatchlings we were put on the same team in some randomized two on two training fights. "And how are you feeling?" I asked her. "and how are your brother and his girlfriend doing?" Now Leah I did know her very well. We had been friends since she came to the pack. She had thought at first that it was her fault that I almost died. It took some time for her to snap out of it especially because I now walked with a limp. Of course now that I think of it there is one memory with Sera that I was rather fond of. When I was still recovering after jasmine gave me the lily sera came in and visited me. She gave me some colorful rocks she had found as a get well present. I smiled a little when I remembered that. When she asked me why I was smiling a told her. "I was just remembering that time you gave me a get well present when I was recovering from the poison. I still have those rocks. " just then the rock in my pocket grew warm. I pulled it out and looked at it. I almost lost it when I got the news from home. Nathan was hurt? Was he going to be okay?. I fought to stay calm. Sera must have noticed something was wrong because now she was looking at me with real concern. She needed some sort of explanation. "something happen to Nathan" I explained breifly. I did not feel I could give details right now without losing control.

((Aldin))

Amy and I had a wonderful time. We spent several hours with just the two of us. But I should have known it was too good to be true. I heard serenas warning, nathans terrified yelp, and the breaking of stone and I knew something was wrong. We rushed out in time to see fighters working to dig someone out of a pile of rocks at the bottom of the cliff. Noone had to say anything for either of us to know it was nathan under there. I fought back the rising panic my my chest. It was my son, but I was the leader. I had to stay in control. I made my way down and began giving instructions. I told serena and jasmine to examine the ledge to see why it broke. It seemed suspicious. I used that ledge all the time. It was supposed to be safe. I put my arm around amy. "he will be alright. He's a tough kid" I said to her. As much to a reassure her as it was to reassure me. I pulled out a small rock from my Pocket. It was how we shared news with halie. She had a right to know.

((Jason ))

Tanya had only been here for a few hours. I hated to bring her bad news but she had to know what happened to her friend. I called her into my cave and told her to sit down. I slowly let out a deep breath "something has happened to Nathan" I said. I told her only as much as I needed to. But it was still enough that she was staring in horror. "He is alive. But they do not know for how much longer" I continued. "he was unconsious when they dug him out of the rocks. He has not woken up yet"
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:45 am

((Tanya))
I gave everyone one last hug then walked away. Once at the blue seron camp, training did not start right away. They gave me a day or two to settle in. However, I had only been there a few hours when Jason called me into his cave. At first I thought I was in trouble, but then he told me what happened to Nathan. I sighed at first, not taking the accident seriously. That boy was never going to learn. But then he explained what happened and I began to realize how bad the situation was. I sat quietly for a moment, then said, "Will you please let me know, if you hear anything else?" I needed to be out of this cave and somewhere open.

((Amy))
"He's a though kid. He'll be fine." I said, my voice cracking slightly. I could feel Aldin considering whether the edge had been tampered with. It had been 20 years since someone had made a serious attempt at one of our lives. Would people really start up again now?

((Helena))
Carter had invited me up to the cliffs today to see the view. Over the last twenty years we had gotten very close. When we first met I was scared of everything, even him. He had become my guardian and protector until I could learn to protect myself. now I was fairly comfortable in my own skin, although I was still quieter than most serons. I have found I prefer to watch and listen rather than engage. I think I get a better understanding of happenings that way.
Carter suddenly spoke up, interrupting my thoughts. "I love it up here you can see......." I looked at him for a moment as he stopped mid sentence. "What are the green serons doing?" He asked curiously. I looked down, noticing for the first time the green serons staring at some kind of shiny rock in awe. My eyebrows drew together in confusion and worry.
"Should we get Aldin, or your parents? They came over here anyway to see Tanya off right?"

((Sera))
I ran into Halie while on my walk. "And how are you feeling?" She asked. She must be checking in on people, my suspicion was confirmed when she added, "And how are your brother and his girlfriend doing?"
"We are fine. A little nervous, but that is only natural..." I said with a weak smile. Her returning smile seemed a little distant and I asked what was wrong. At the mention of the colored rocked I reddened slightly. I was surprised she remembered that, much less kept them. I didn't tell her at the time, but they were from our old camp. I had found them while I was exploring and saved them. When she got sick I gave them to her because I thought she'd like the colors, but I didn't give away their origin because I thought she might not take them if she knew they were my memento from home. So I just told her I found them and left it at that.
Before I could say anything she reached into her pocket and glanced at the stone there, a concerned look growing on her face. She looked up at me and I must have looked worried because she said, "Something happen to Nathan". I took  a deep breath. Her baby brother.
"I can finish your rounds of you need a moment." I said quietly.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:10 pm

((aldin))

It took several tense moments to dig nathan out of the rocks. We immediately checked him out. To our surprise and delight he had no life threatening injuries. He still was badly hurt. But there was nothing even close to having a possibility of killing him. We carefully carried him back to the cave and laid him in bed. Only a few minutes after we did so he woke up.

((Nathan))

The next thing that I remember after falling was waking up in my bed. My parents were there waiting for me. I did not expect to survive that fall. But somehow I did. I groaned. My injuries made themselves known.

((Halie))

"thanks for the offer. But I will be alright" I said. I gave her a small smile "Leah talks about you a lot. We should get to know each other better some time. After all, your parents do play a part in making sure nobody kills me" I went on with my work. A few minutes later I got some better news from home. Nathan was going to be okay. Somehow his injuries, as serious as they were, were not life threatening.

((Carter))

"I think my parents would be better for this one" I said. "I doubt even they have seen something like this tho. I would be surprised if even Arnold knew what was going on"

((Jason))

"of course, I will let you know if anything changes" I said. It was only a few minutes later before we got Mor promising news. I found Tanya sitting alone. She looked really worried. She knew enough about healing to know the chances of nathan living after that fall were not good. I sat down next to her. "I received an update from the gold serons" I said. She looked like she wanted to tell me to not continue. But she didn't interrupt me. "Nathan is going to be okay" I could see the relief growing on her face. "he woke up only minutes after they dug him out. His injuries are serious but not life threatening. Nobody can explain why this is. But they expect him to be back to his old self in a few weeks. If you want I can take you to visit him"

((Marcus))

In the place occupied by spirit serons I stood by kali watching the gold seron camp. "good job " I said to her. She was getting better at this. She had slowed the rocks and Nathan down just enough that he would survive the fall. We weren't able to do more than that. Healing on his own would make him stronger. Kali had embraced her role of helping her still living friends very quickly. It made her happy to know she could still do something to help them even if they did not always know it was her. It didn't even bother her to see her friends growing up while she stayed in the form of a hatchling. When hatchlings die they are assigned a guide. I was kali's guide and she and I did a lot of work together. Many of the things we did were her idea. Helena and carter worked out great. "well, I think it's time for us to visit carter. He seems a little confused about what is going on with the green serons" I said.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:12 am

((Amy))
Relief was warm in my chest as Nathan awoke and looked at me. I was drawing to help keep calm but as his eyes met mine I stood quickly and checked on him. He groaned as I knelt by him and looked, he was battered but okay. I sighed.
"Is it possible for you to go longer than five minutes without getting in trouble?" I teased gently.

((Sera))
I nodded. "Okay." I said, trying not to let it show that I was blushing again. I knew that Leah was a good friend of Halies, but I hadn't realized she'd talked to Halie about me.

((Helena))
"I will go and get them." I said quietly. Carter was the eldest child of Meera and Zaryx so he held some of their power is something went wrong, I was just a normal fighter, daughter of normal fighters. I would be less valuable if the green serons got weird about this rock.
I slipped away and went to find them, which was accomplished with relative ease once I got back to the gold camp. They were with Nathan, Amy, and Aldin. I raised my eyebrows as I went into the leaders cave. "In trouble again?" I asked with amusement as I silently explained the situation to Meera and Zaryx. They glanced at each other then excused themselves from the cave and headed for the cliffs. I talked to Nathan for a few minutes then followed.

((Tanya))
It didn't take long for the good news to reach us that Nathan was okay. "I don't want to be a trouble making you fly me back and forth all day..." I said. I wanted to see Nathan, but I trusted Jason to tell me the truth. He was a good person and if he said Nathan was okay I believed him. Besides, I had seen him a couple of hours ago anyway. That's what I told myself anyways.

((Kali))

I glowed with pride as Marcus approved my work. "Thanks." I said with a grin. I had been working hard and it was good to know that the effort was paying off. Nathan was going to be okay, and so it was time to follow my guides advice and check in on Carter. He was trying to talk to the green serons, but they were oblivious to him. With a gasp I realized with horror that Helena would be coming back in a moment. If these fighters were anything to go by then she would be susceptible to the rocks powers as she didn't have leaders powers. "We have to keep Helena away!" I said to Marcus.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:52 am

((Nathan))

"what happened?" I asked my mother.

((Marcus ))

"go talk to carter. I will warn Helena to stay away" I said. I disappeared and reappeared by Helena. "do not go back to carter" I said to her. She stopped and gave me a puzzled look. "those without leader powers will fall under the spell of that rock. If you go there you will become like one of the green serons. Stay away until it is destroyed"

((Carter))

The green leader seemed at a loss as to what he should do. My parents were not entirely sure about what to do either when they showed up. We tried everything we could think of to break the attention of the green fighters but nothing was working. The green leaders kids watched with wide eyes. At that moment I noticed that someone had appeared beside me. "Kali!" I said with surprise. "do you know what to do about this?"

((Jason))

"alright, well if you change your mind you know where I am" I said.

((Kelsy)) (she is one of the blue hatchlings)

In the blue camp instead of a few big caves we had many smaller caves that you entered from under water. Our camp was a series of rivers and pools right next to the ocean. There was a section for the leader, one for the fighters, and one for the retired serons. Hatchlings in training lived in the leaders section. There were two or three of the same gender in each little cave. Sometimes there would be a boy and a girl in the same cave if they were siblings. Each cave had it's own bathing pool. I was both nervous and excited. Keisha (the head elite) had come and told me that Tanya was going to share the cave with me. I looked forward to getting to know her. I was in the middle of washing myself when Keisha brought her in. "hi, I'm kelsy" I said.

((Halie))

After checking on everyone I went back to my spot in the group and prepared to go to sleep. All around me the fighters were starting to do the same thing. While those assigned to the first lookout shift took their positions.

((Isaac)

We prepared to go to sleep. Or at least Leah and Sera did. I was part of the first watch.

((Leah))

I laid down and got comfortable. Sera laid down next to me. Isaac normally slept on my other side but he was on watch duty right now. I found it difficult to fall asleep. For a while I just stared up at the stars. I glanced at sera and saw that she was awake too. "I saw you talking to halie" I said. "what did she say to make you blush?"

((Jasmine))

I examined the broken ledge with serena. Some thought that there was no need to and that it had just been weak. But I knew rocks did not weaken that quickly. I had stood on it just hours ago when my team was on security duty. "it looks like someone cut Into just enough that it stayed on but if anyone stepped on it it would fall. " I said, "but weather it was meant as a direct attack against someone in the leading family is hard to say" either way, whoever did this would have to be arrested and punished. This kind of thing was dangerous. "if I let you search the minds of my team members do you think they could help us find them?" I asked serena.

Last edited by zelf on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:59 am

((Amy))
“There was a rock fall, you were on the ledge when it collapsed. You are lucky to be alive.” I said.

((Helena))
He was obviously a spirit, although I didn’t know him as he was a gold seron. “What is it?” I asked, figuring I should at least see if I could find out something while he was here. There is a spirit seron here that says I souldn’t go near the rock. I added to Carter.

((Kali))
“You need to destroy it. I don’t know how though. Just make sure no one without leaders powers go near it or they will end up like the green serons.” I gestured. “I already made sure that Helena won’t come over.”

((Tanya))
I smiled lightly as I walked in and looked around. “Hullo, sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt you.” I said with a laugh. “And my name is Tanya.” She probably already knew that, most people knew who I was. But it was habit. Someone introduced themselves to me I returned the favor.

((Sera))
My thoughts were interrupted by Leah asking about Halie. I laughed. “She knew who I was and said she wanted to get to know me better. I am a nobody fighter, not really anyone special. So I was surprised.”

((Serena))
I shook my head. “If they noticed something they would have said. I can look if you want but I’d rather not invade their privacy like that unless I have to.” The last time I had to check a group of peoples minds it hadn’t ended well. I preferred to just ask questions.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:43 am

((so I think things are going to be a bit slow if we keep going as we are. So I will skip ahead a few days. Thanks to the hard work of the gold seron healers Nathan is now recovered enough to return to all of his normal activities. After discovering the rock it is now known that the creature they are up against is xzarna himself. Also because they now know they must destroy the rock in order to defeat him they have brought back halie and her team. The leaders hatchlings are preparing for a fight tournament where leaders powers will be used))

((Nathan  ))

The tournament was taking place at the blue seron camp. Each pack took a turn as host. I sat next to Tanya as we watched other leaders and their hatchlings come. I was more nervous than I was letting on. Deep down I knew I would remember what to do. But I couldn't get rid of the feeling that as soon as I stepped into the arena I would forget every spell I had learned. There was a gold and blue hatchling taking with Jason and Erica. That would be Zoey, the older of their two children. I liked her a lot. "I wonder how many will fall victim to Zoey ' s sleep spells" Zoey was very talented in the area of sleep spells. I had seen her in magic fights before and she could make almost  anyone fall asleep in less than a second if they weren't fast enough to come up with a counter spell. So far only Tanya had ever be able to counter her sleep spells. The rules of a magic fight were that you had to use magic to render your opponent unconsious. So the ability to put someone to sleep instantly was going to be useful.

My age group was up first. One of the requirements for Tanya to advance to the next level of her training was she had to referee a  fight. She had been going over the rules for the last couple of days to make sure she did it right. Each hatchling had a spell put on them that made it so our spells would not kill our opponent. If a spell would be fatal under normal circumstances it would only knock our opponent out. The rules were that you had to use magic to knock out your opponent. Torture spells were not allowed, anyone using them would lose the match. Also if you knock your opponent down you have to give then a chance to get back up.

I was up first against the silver leaders son his name was jeffery. We stepped into the arena. Tanya stepped up to her place between us. She reminded us of the rules and told us to go to either side of the arena. On her signal we began.  Jeffery was the first to make a move. I was only just fast enough to put a shield up to block his energy ball. I could could see Tanya out of the corner of my eye watching everything intently. The instant after I blocked the attack I made my move. My scales glowed and strands of energy came out of the ground. They wrapped around jeffery, lifted him up, and slammed him into the ground. The impact was hard enough to seriously injure a human. But since he was a seron it would not be nearly as bad. All the same it had the effect I wanted. He was able to get up before Tanya counted to the alloted twenty seconds. He was able to continue but he was clearly injured and would not be able to react as fast or keep up spells as long. But he was still a good opponent and before I knew what was happening I received a direct hit with a beam. I felt the burning sensation where it hit me and I was thrown back. I gritted my teeth as I landed awkwardly. Nothing was broken but I was pretty sure I sprained my shoulder. I got to my feet and was just quick enough to put up a shield against another attack. This match was getting intense. I could hear my parents and serena cheering for me. Tanya was watching the match with extreme focus. I knew she was secretly cheering for me. But as the referee she could not outwardly show she favored one over the other and she was too honest to not judge the fight fairly. Either way I had to figure out a way to knock jeffery out. Then the idea came to me. I generated an energy ball from behind him. He saw my scales glowing and prepared to block an attack from the front. Too late he realized what I was doing. He was only just starting to turn when my energy ball hit his pressure point in the back of the neck. He gasped in shock and then fell over. It was obvious he was unconsious but Tanya had to count anyway to make sure. I waited patiently as she did so. After she was done she called the match. Jeffery was carried off and I was lead away to be healed.

((Zayrx))

Tanya had done a good job judging the match. Some had thought she would show favor toward nathan because they were good friends. But she had shown everyone that no matter who was fighting she would be fair. "you did great" I said to her as she came back over to us. She looked a bit tired. I didn't blame her. It took a surprising amount of energy to remained focused on a fight like that.

((Aldin))

"good job nathan!" I said proudly. He smiled widely. It did not take long to fix him up.

((Halie))

I smiled seeing nathan happy. The boy did get into trouble a lot but I adored him. "good job buddy" I said with a smile.

((Isaac)

I sat next to Leah and Sera. Nathan had done really good. "you may be working with him some day" I said to Sera. I knew she wanted to join the Elite. Ideally she wanted to be the head elite but serena was in her prime and had no plans to retire anytime soon. "you know there are still a couple spots left, you should apply after this tournament is over"

((Carter))

I sat down next to Tanya. "you did a great job out there" I told her. We had become very close lately. Our parents were busy a lot so I had taken on the role of teaching her a lot of things. As a result we had the chance to spend a lot of time with each other. "I bet you are happy nathan won tho" I added. I knew her too well. Even if she didn't show it when she was judging the fight I knew she would always be secretly cheering for her best friend.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:01 pm

((Tanya))
I was mentally and physically exhausted, but I felt great. A lot of people had been worried that I was too young to be a ref. They thought I would show favoritism or try to skip by rules. However, I had done my very best to do everything by the book. Was there a small part of me cheering on the inside? Of course, but so far as the rest of me was concerned I did not know any of the fighters. They were simply fighters that I had to judge, and judge well. It was stressful, and all so worth it when dad smiled at me with that proud look he got sometimes when he thought I couldn't see it. "Thanks!" I said appreciatively. Next up was the grown fighters, but they were judged by mom or dad. I moved to the side and sat down to relax and watch. Not long after Carter joined me, commenting on how good I did and adding a comment about Nathan. I laughed. "Yeah, I am proud of the little klutz." Carter was adopted several years before I was born, much less hatched. Yet that didn't show. He was a quiet person who got on with just about anybody.

((Sera))
I laughed and shook my head. "Nah, I am saving that for later. Special fores is the place I need to be right now. Besides, who would keep you two in line?" I had spent more than five years training to be on this team, I wasn't just going to bale. The elite could wait for a few more years.

((Amy))
"Good job!" I exclaimed, giving Nathan a quick hug. I was actually in the first adult match but we were taking a break first before we got started. So I had a few minutes yet. "I am so proud of you." I added, pulling away.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:43 am

((nathan))

"You better win too" I said. Smiling up at her.

((Carter))

I laughed lightly. "if only we could find a way to redirect his curiosity" the main reason nathan got into trouble a lot was because he was a very curious boy and as a result would touch things he probably shouldn't. He did get very high scores in his training tho.

((Isaac))

"there probably won't be much work for special forces to do until that rock is destroyed" I said. Our team was specially trained to deal with things that were too tough for a team of normal fighters. At the moment tho anything that needed doing were things regular fighters could handle.

((Leah))

"well, after the war is over I'm going to be gone for a while" I said. Isaac and Sera looked at me in surprise. "I have to know if there are any more reflective serons left" I continued. I had told them that on the day my family was attacked there had been only a few dozen reflective seron families left. And reshima was killing them faster than they could reproduce. It had been twenty years since I had seen another reflective seron other than Jared. I feared that my species was now extinct. I had to see it for myself. "Jared said he would come with  me. If we find that even one family has survived we will be very happy. But if it's just the two of us left then you will have seen the last reflective serons...... and sadly that seems very likely " there were many reasons I helped the gold serons. The two main ones were. They had taken in and protected jared and me. I would always be grateful for that. The other was I did not want the same thing that happened to my kind to happen to them.

((Halie))

The adult fights were always intense. But I knew they would never be as real as when my father had fought reshima. Those battles had been frightening. They always reminded me of how much power these leaders were capable of releasing if needed. It wasn't long before nathan was sitting by me. He laid his head against me and feel asleep rather quickly. I smiled he must have been really tired. I decided to let him sleep for now. I would wake him when it was time to watch the match. Mon came over and sat by us soon afterward smiling at the two of us. "It barely took ten seconds and he was out" I said with a slight laugh. "I guess that match took a lot out of him"

((zayrx))

I was going over the schedual with Meera. "so after the adult fights it's Tanya verses Zoey" I said. One of the other serons overheard me and stopped to say. "well shouldn't be too hard for her, there is no such thing as a seron with multiple scale colors who is any good" I almost laughed at his ignorance. "you know, there is a pack of serons who are so powerful they have never been defeated in battle. They  have an undisputed reputation as the most powerful serons there are" I said. "do you know who they are? They are the multi colored serons. They get that name because their scales are many different colors. But if you think no serons with multiple scale colors are any good, you go ahead and challenge one and see how good you do" he did not seem to know how to respond to that.

((Zoey))

I had to admit I was a little nervous about facing my cousin later. She was the only hatchling who knew how to block my sleep spells, and that was what I was best at. I was good at other types of magic too but sleep spells were my specialty. Facing someone who could block them was a little unsettling. Not that I would stop being friends with her if I lost. It was stupid to stop being someone's friend if they win a fight fairly. And even tho Tanya would of tough I knew she always fought fairly. I wore a blue training outfit. The top came down to the middle of my ribcage. My bottom was a skirt that went a little less than half way down my thighs. Due to the different areas we were raised in I had leaner appearance than Tanya. It was also hard to tell we were related because I had used magic to change the color of my hair. Currently it was gold with blue stripes in it. I was proud of the fact that I had the colors of both the gold and blue packs. I had family in both packs and I spent a lot of time visiting my family in the gold seron camp so it was almost like I was part of that pack as well. There were some that thought that I should pick one pack to be loyal to. But they were few. Of course I wasn't just doing it because I liked them, which of course I did like them a lot, but I was smart enough to know the friendship my parents had with the gold seron leading family kept a high level of peace between our two packs who would probably have been fighting a lot otherwise living as close together as we were. I was their oldest child so I would be the blue leader in a future day. I intended to maintain that friendship between our packs. Partly because they were very likeable and partly because I did not want to have to worry about a quarrel with a neighboring pack. I saw my aunt serena and decided to go talk to her. So I went over to her. "hi!" I said brightly. "how is my favorite aunt?" Of course I also told meera she was my favorite aunt too.... it tended to confuse them a little.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:09 pm

((Amy))
I laughed as I came over and saw Nathan curled up with Halie. "I don't blame him. He fought hard. Anyways, we are getting ready to start." I leaned over and kissed the top of her head, then Nathans. "I will see you in a bit."
My fight was against Erica, Serena's sister. As we entered the arena I took a deep breath. Of the three siblings, that is Erica, Serena, and Zayrx, Erica was the sliest. The other two were very good, but she had a knack for tricking you into thinking she was going to do something, and then doing something completely different.It was unnerving to say the least. But I was not exactly a hatchling. I could handle myself and tended to use my opponents attacks against them. So back to the fight, we saluted as per protocol then got into position. I feinted left as aimed a kick at my legs, she was trying to throw me off balance I made the next move with a quick ball of light hurtling toward her, which she dodged using a shoulder roll, coming up with a bolt of light already set for me. I leaped into the air and hovered just long enough that the bolt missed me before settling back down. It went like this for a while, dodging and attacking, then dodging again. In the end she shot a particularly effective bolt at me then shot to hit in in the pressure point that would knock me out just as I came up from having leapt onto my belly to keep from getting hit in the head.

((Sara))
"I could go with you if you like." I said, laying back and slicking a piece of grass in my mouth as I looked at the sky. "It would be a honor to help look for other families."

((Serena))
Before could say anything Amy was called up. "Uh oh, looks like we are going to have quite the battle going here." I teased as Erica followed me leaer into the arena. It turned out I was right. Amy made a valiant effort, but after a rather extended fight Aunt Erica managed to get the upper hand. Zoey sat by me during the fight. I think she had more fun cheering for her mom than anything. I personally cheered them both on. Erica was my blood sister, and very dear to me. However, Amy and her family were the family of my heart. She was my sister in at least that way.

((Meera))
I shook my head. They really never learned. The fighter in question looked young though. I wasn't sure how old exactly, but young enough to not remember the old wars, the ones fought over the color of our scales.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:03 am

((Aldin))

Amy had done well. She and erica were actually close to evenly matched and amy had beaten erica on other occasions. It did not take very long for Amy to wake up and recover. By the time it was time for Tanya and Zoey ' s match she was fully alert and only a little sore.

((Nathan ))

Halie had woken me up when the matches started again. Now I watched as Tanya and Zoey stepped into the arena.

((Zoey))

Tanya and I stepped into the arena and faced each other. She was actually a little taller than me. But size did not matter very much with serons. Especially not in magic fights. I knew that whoever won this one it was going to be close. When I heard the signal to begin I started off by making a root come out of the ground and trip her. I made sure it threw her into the ground pretty hard. But she was tough and athletic and was still able to spring to her feet in less than a second. I needed to figure out how to get the better of her. We were good friends but I wasn't afraid to hurt her. And she wasn't afraid to hurt me. Since we were able to be healed with magic there were not really any rules against what we could do. The job of the ref was to make sure we weren't hurting our opponent to the point that they wouldn't be able to function normally after a magical healing. And to make sure we followed other rules, like letting our opponent get up after we knock them down. Mostly they were there to determine when to match was over. And that meant knowing when someone was pushing themselves beyond the point where healers could help them. Before I Realized what was happening I felt a jolt go through be like I had been kicked from all directions and I was thrown back several feet. The attack was painful and I was slow getting up. My body ached where I had been hit. But I was not done yet. I used magic to pull Tanya into me. I drove my fist into her stomach as hard as I could. I heard her groan as the wind was knocked out of her and she went slightly limp. While she was a her temporarily weakened state I lifted her up over my shoulders and slammed her into the ground. It looked like she was knocked out. But I knew better than to assume. She had hit the ground hard after getting a hard hit in the stomach. She was probably going to be slow getting up if she did get up.   (( i was thinking Tanya should just barely win this one... and I'd like to see her knock out Zoey without hitting a pressure point. Almost anything is permitted. But Tanya should be hurt to the point that meera starts thinking about calling it  before Tanya gets damaged too much to be healed properly.))

((Leah))

"I would love it if you came with me" I said. "I'll come too" Isaac said. I smiled. Don't get me wrong I would like traveling with my brother. But u had been dreading leaving my two best friends behind.

((Halie))

I winced a little when Zoey performed her move in Tanya. I knew she would be fine after a good healing after the match. But still that had to hurt. Now I waited as we watched to see if Tanya would get back up. I heard my parents talking nearby. I knew from what they were saying they were thinking the same thing I was. It looked like she was unconsious. "It certainly looks like it" I said. But meera had not counted the full time yet. "wait look! Her arm is moving!" I said suddenly. Sure enough Tanya arm had moved just a little. It was still doubtful she would get up. But she was at least somewhat conscious.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:10 pm

((Meera))

All attention was on the battle now as I held my breath. I knew that she would be okay, but if she took much more damage she wouldn't be. Zoey really was not holding back to the point of extremism.I found myself glad she was on our side. She was going to do some serious damage to any enemy that attacked us. I heard my own voice counting but was not really aware of how long it had been, I was just staring at my daughter hoping she wasn't too badly hurt while also hoping she would not wake up and keep fighting. She moved. I had gotten to 5 when she grunted and got her feet under her. I breathed a sigh of relief and worry mixed into one. If this got much worse I was calling it off. I hated to do it but the hatchlings health came first.

((Tanya))

Everything hurt, even my hair. But I was not about to give in. I. Could. Do. This. I grunted as I pulled my legs under me and slowly got up. Zoey looked surprised to see me facing her again, and I felt blood trickling down the side of my face, as well as building in my mouth. I spat slowly and deliberately. As I did I reach out my magic and shifted the ground under Zoey, she hadn't anticipated the attack and was thrown off balance just as a large rock flew in from nearby and knocked her in the head, causing her to fall. She stood back up and turned to me but I already had an energy ball ready to hit her right in the chest, knocking her back, I advanced, noting the pain that seared up my left leg, at the same time and punched her in the stomach, successfully winding her. I kicked her legs out from under her and she fell back, hitting her head on the ground as she dropped. She did not get back up, but she was still breathing so she was alive. I let out a slow breath as the healers rushed out to make sure we were okay. I was light headed and had already collapsed on the ground when they got to me. I have no idea where I got the strength to do all of that, but it was gone. The healers did not even pull us off of the field until they had done some initial damage control. I was pretty sure that ours was the most exciting, and dangerous, fight of the tournament.

((Sara))

I was about to respond when I heard gasps from the arena. I looked over in tie to see Zoey knock Tanya to the ground. We all thought she was done, but then she got to her feet and charged without mercy. Zoey did not stand a chance. She finally knocked her cousin to the ground and knocking her out. "Good grief, that was intense." I said breathlessly, pulling air into my lungs for the first time since I looked over at the fight.

((Serena))

after the girls, the rest of the day was relatively uneventful. I took over Meera's job so that she could check on her daughter and our niece. I shook my head as she walked away, those kids had really been impressive. If Carter passed the chance to be leader Tanya would be an excellent choice. She tended to talk things out, but when she chose to fight she fought. She put her all in and did not give room for defeat except by death, which we thankfully did not have to worry about today.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:04 am

((Isaac))

"remind me to not make either of those girls mad when they are older" I said.

((Aldin))

After the tournament ended and everyone was healed enough to function normally. We began getting ready to go back to our own camps. There was a lot of work to be done. Of course. Amy, Serena, Halie, Katlyn, Leah,  and I would be leaving and heading to Zayrx  and Meera's place soon. All serons With leader powers were meeting to discuss how we were going to destroy the stone. Zayrx had tried every spell he knew to destroy things and none of them had even made a scratch. We were also taking Nathan, Zoey and Tanya with us to give them experience in this kind of thing. They had leader powers so the rock had no power over them. But they might have to some day deal with something similar to this. The three if them were huddled in a group talking right now. No doubt discussing the exciting match that had taken place.

We arrived at the meeting a few minutes later. After making sure it was clear to our pack that jasmine was in  charge until we came back. All of the adults a it leader powers were there. Pack leaders and their relatives. Even retired leaders had showed to share their many years of experience with us. Arnold and Cody were among them, as well as the previous silver leader who had retired ten years ago. They were old but they still had the ability to use their powers and most retired leaders still practiced their magical skills because often times that was the only effective way to defend themselves at their age.

((Zayrx))

I called the meeting to order. you all know why we are here. I said.not long ago a stone was found that caused the green serons to act strangely. Later we learned that it affects anyone without leader powers and is also what is keeping xzarna alive. I have so far been unsuccessful in destroying it. Although I have managed to remove it from the green camp and hide it. Maybe with all of us thinking together we can figure out a solution. Cody was the first to speak up. this is something that even I have not seen before. he said. but it seems to me there may be more that needs to be done than a few destruction spells. This stone is what allows xzarna to come back. He would not have made it easy to destroy.

((Marcus))

well, you are in the right track I said as I appeared with kali in the middle of the meeting. Kali went Almost everywhere with me these days so she could learn as much as possible. There was some vital information they needed. But because  we could not help them until they had done what they could do first we had not been able to tell them  until they held this meeting. xzarna intended to make his stone completely indestructible. He learned the same kind of magic that us used to make it so seron eggs cannot be broken from the outside. But he made it even stronger. If he had completely gotten his way then it would have been easier to destroy a seron egg than to destroy his stone. But while he was working his spell a reflective seron was watching they all looked surprised at this news. But I continued. he knew what xzarna was doing. He also knew what it would mean. All reflective serons had the same kind of powers that the pack leaders do. But this particular one was very good. He worked his own spell into the stone. Making it so it could be destroyed. Xzarna spell was powerful tho and as a result it is still possible to destroy it but very difficult. Rocks with the symbols of each leading family and the ruling family are hidden  throughout the old pack territory. They must be found and put together and then you will be able to destroy the stone.... there is just one catch tho. They are hidden in places only accessible to hatchlings. It must be a hatchling who finds the stones and puts them together. And they must be ones with leader powers

((Nathan))

There was a lot of urgent whispering among the adults at that point. I knew they would be very reluctant to put any hatchling in danger. But it was obvious that there was no other way. I exchanged a look with Zoey and Tanya. We did not need to say anything to each other. We knew what needed to be done. we will go I spoke to the minds of all of the adults. They all turned and looked at us. I knew our parents would try to convince us not to do it. But we were determined. We felt like we had to do this. Tanya and Zoey stood on either side of me both unflinching. They both had the look of a future leader about them.

((Halie))

I felt my heart drop. I really did not want to put my little brother in danger. Or his friends. Kali seemed to know what I was thinking because she met my gaze. And I knew what she was trying to tell me. When we were hatchlings we had done something similar. Also for a good reason. Of course the adults didn't know we were doing it. But still. I knew, that just like then. Right now it was what we needed to do. Even tho I hated doing it. I also knew parents tended to be very protective of their hatchlings. Especially seron parents. I think we should let them do it I said. it will be too dangerous my father said. I know it will be I said calmly. but it has to be hatchlings who find the stones. And if they are not found the  xzarna will eventually find us an ultimately wipe us out. I am terrified at the thought of putting my little brother in danger. But I know it has to be done.   I could tell he was wavering. But still very hesitant. Amy and serena seemed a little less so but they still did not seem to like the idea. Zayrx seemed to be having a mental conversation with Tanya because they were staring intently at each other ((you have permission to say In detail what Zayrx is saying)) I knew these three hatchlings had not suggested going because they thought it would be a cool adventure. They were smart enough to know the weight of this matter. They knew they might die in the attempt. But they offered because they knew it had to be hatchlings who did it and they were brave enough to speak up.

((Carter))

I knew it really depended on what the parents of these hatchlings finally decided. I was with Halie tho. I did not like sending hatchlings into danger. But I knew we did not really have another choice. Also in attendance was Steven, he was the hatchling that was in an egg my  adoptive mother and I had found along the pathway twenty years ago. He had silver and white scales. He didn't live with the packs and preferred life alone. That didn't mean he didn't like us tho. We had no idea where he lived but he somehow knew when Important things were happening. He would turn up just in time to see it happen and visit with us. He was there when Tanya hatched and stayed long enough for her to be able to remember who he was. He never said much tho. In fact I don't think I had ever seen him form a full sentence. But I could see a very vast intelligence in his eyes. As is usual with him he had turned up just a few minutes before the meeting started and had been watching proceedings with an interested yet calculating look. At first it had made people nervous when he randomly showed up and observed things. But they had gotten used to him by now. So I came as a surprise to all of us when he stood up and spoke to us. From what I have heard. There are two options you could take. he said, you could avoid sending your hatchlings into danger. And I would not blame you if that is what you chose. But eventually xzarna will wear down your fighters as he has done in the past and you will once again be forced to leave your home as you have done over the last four hundred years or more. Or you can take the risk, as unpleasant as it might be and have a chance of getting rid if him forever. You are all intelligent serons. You already realize this. But your desire to keep your children from danger keeps you from seeing it. it was the first time anyone had heard him say more than a few words. He obviously knew more than we thought he did.

zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:50 am

((Sara))
"No kidding. I almost feel bad for the black serons."

((Meera))
The meeting was going as well as could be expected. Right up until the hatchlings volunteered. I felt my stomach drop. I didn't tend to be the over protective mom. Tanya went where she liked, and as long as she checked in once in a while I was okay. But this was a whole different matter, this was my baby taking on the most powerful being in the forest. If something went wrong...
No. I told myself firmly. I needed to think rationally. Tanya was Zaryx and I's daughter, if she felt ready it as her job to do everything in her power to keep the packs safe. Are you sure? I asked her, though I knew Zaryx was already checking on her privately. Her eyes flickered to me. Of course.

((Tanya))
Poor mom, she was trying so hard not to freak out. So was Aldin. Amy and Serena seemed cool and dad... Well, he was worried but he accepted my decision. After some discussion.
"You are positive you want to do this? It will be dangerous."
"Dad, if I wasn't sure, I wouldn't have offered. You have been raising me to be a leader, and I refuse to be the leader that lets my friends go into danger while I sit safely on the sidelines. I can't do that.
The next thought was warmer with pride, a rare show of emotion that I am not sure would have come though if he had been talking out loud. Dad was the leader of many packs and tended to rely on being unreadable without big shows of emotion. I knew it drove mom a little crazy sometimes when the habit stuck at home, but moments like this made it worth it. It made me feel like had been filled with gold.
Of course you do. You take after both of your parents. But you better be careful. And don't be afraid to call for help. Unconsciously, my eyes flickered to Kali. She had died saving her friends and future leader. Would I do the same? Could I do the same? I would be careful, but I would also defend my packs to my last breath. I was afraid of that more than anything.Hush now, no thinking about that or you have already lost. You are in this, keep your eyes on the goal, not the failure. Dad had seen what I was thinking. I had no words so I just sent him what I felt, love for him and mom, as well as gratitude for him knowing when to give me a small boot in the butt to keep my head in the game.

((Amy))
I was mildly amused by the fact that Aldin was freaking out more than I was. Not that I was not worried, I just accepted that this needed to be done and we weren't going to be able to talk Nathan out of it. This was bound to happen eventually. He's going  help his friends no matter what we say about it. I pointed out as calmly as I could. It was Steven, surprisingly, that broke though the terse silence of several private conversations.

((Serena))
I was worried, but staying in perspective. If the leaders hatchlings were the only ones who could  this, then we had to let them try. the fate of all the packs rested on it, not just the individual families.

Last edited by Tiana on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:22 pm

((Nathan))

Eventually it was decided that they would let us go. I hugged my parents, and amy and serena. I was really going to miss them. Zoey and Tanya also said goodbye to their families. We didn't need to pack anything since we could get what we needed by hunting. We needed to travel light so that we could escape danger if necessary. Tanya and Zoey soon joined me and we headed off.

((Zoey))

Just before we left nathans parents had asked Tanya and I if we would continue training nathan as we traveled. We were quite far ahead of him in training so there was plenty we could teach him. It also helped us remember things and keep our skills from becoming dull. So when we stopped we would teach Him a few things. He learned very quickly. we are going to run out of things to teach him before we even reach the old territory I said to Tanya. he picks up things really fast then out loud to nathan I said. "Try not to fall into a pattern. She will be able to predict what you are about to do. Try to use different methods to get the same result. That way she won't know what you will do" following my advice he managed to knock Tanya feet out from under her. "good job." I said. "normally you would be able to move in and knock her out now. But she kind of needs to be conscious in order to travel" we practiced our own skills with each other for a while.

((Aldin))

After the hatchlings set out we returned to the camp. We weren't there for long before we received a message from the council that they wanted to meet with us. It was unusual but I headed there anyway. Something told me to bring some extra serons With me. So in addition to amy and serena I took five other elite with me. The first indication that something was wrong was that zayrx and meera were not there. It was against our law for the council to meet with the leader of a pack without zayrx or meera being present for the meeting. Something told me they didn't even know about it. you summoned us? I said to them. yes a council member said. we want to meet with each of the leaders and let them know we no longer accept the leadership of zayrx and meera. You are to swear loyalty to us. If you do not do this there wkl, be consequences. this was a bold move. But I knew where I stood. Zayrx and meera were very good rulers. you cowards I said. why don't you say it when they are here? Or is you support not as strong as you would like us to think? I added that last part because I noticed many of the council clearly seemed to be against this. The more aggressive members were controlling the conversation, making it look like the whole council had decided this. I knew these council members. Usually only someone like zayrx was able to keep them in line. Which was probably one of the reasons they wanted him gone.

((Leah))

The hatchlings were not sent totally by themselves. They sent three special forces fighters as well. Which happened to be Isaac, sera, and myself. Part of the girls training was they had to teach a younger hatchling. Nathan fell into that category. They were both good teachers and Nathan was a fast learner. The boy was too young to have the big muscles of adults. But he still had excellent muscle tone for his age. Tanya and Zoey both looked like normal twelve year olds but their muscles were very hard and they were stronger than they looked. you will be excellent trainers when you are older I told them.

Last edited by zelf on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:01 pm

((Meera))
"So, how did your conversation with Tanya go? I couldn't hear it but it seemed pretty intense." I said to Zaryx as we walked back to our cave. Our little girl was getting so big, a couple of years ago she would never have dared stand up to an adult and tell them she knew what she was doing. Not because she was afraid, but because she had not figured out how to be respectful while still disagreeing. Something sh had obviously learned of late.

((Amy))
I allowed a laugh to escape me. I notice that you did not call all of the leaders here, just us. One at a time like, so that you wouldn't be outnumbered. I don't appreciate that. For one, you have presented no valid reason for getting rid of Zaryx and Meera, for another, if you had a valid reason you wouldn't be doing this so small scale, you would hold a proper trial and they would happily step down when presented with what ever evidence you had was presented. But you have no evidence nor a trial. You are just power hungry grubs trying to get in on the "good stuff". You don't seem to realize that our way of life would fall apart without those two to keep everything running smoothly.

((Serena))
My hands were balled into fists, these serons actually thought that announcing treachery to Amy and Aldin was a good idea? Ha! Joke was on them. I was relaying everything I saw and heard to my brother and sister in law. These council members were in for a surprise.
(I am thinking that this is happening about five minutes after the conversation Meera started)

((Tanya))
I smiled as I shook my hair to get the dust and twigs out of it. Unlike my mother, who's hair reached her shoulder blades, and Aunt Serena, who's hair was so long she could sit on it, I kept my hair short. The back was just long enough to brush the base of my neck and I had bangs. This made it a lot easier when I wanted to get dust and twigs out, unlike previously mentioned relations who had to work these things out of their hair.
I hope so. I still have a lot of learning to do myself first.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:28 pm

((Nathan))

We practiced for a few minutes longer and then rested for a bit. Then we got ready to go and moved on. Since she was zayrx and meera's daughter Tanya was the leader of this mission. While the three special forces fighters mostly provided protection and gave advice. They were always willing to offer tips during our training sessions. We all had very high endurance. Our plan was to stop and rest every couple of hours. We would do training in the morning when we were fully rested and had not been traveling all day. Every once in a while someone would dart into the bushes and catch something for us to eat. This part of the forest had a lot of prey animals. After walking for some time we suddenly realized something big was coming toward us. Get down! Leah warned. Shoving all three of us to the ground. And dropping to the ground herself. Isaac and Sera had done the same. A massive creature came into view. It was close enough that I could reach out and touch it. I had heard it described by halie before when she told me how kali died. But this was the first time I had seen a seron eater. It had not noticed us yet. I knew that if it did that at least one of the adults protecting us would be either seriously injured or killed. And there was a chance it would get to one of us too. Nobody moved for what seemed like ages as the seron eater took its own sweet time moving down the path. As soon as it was out of sight we very cautiously got up. that thing was huge! I said. how did the packs last with those things in the territory?

((Isaac))

That had been very close. I was not looking forward to trying to fight off a seron eater. And I was sure it was going to happen sooner or later. We weren't going to be as lucky as we were that time. Just as I had that thought something even worse happened. At the same time not one but two seron eaters burst into the open at us. run! I yelled to the hatchlings. Leah had leader powers and she quickly put them to use. Hitting both of them at once with a wave of energy which sent them tumbling pack several feet. They regained their feet and focused on us. Which was what we wanted. We needed to give the hatchlings a chance to get away. But plans don't always go perfectly. One of the decided that the hatchlings were easier prey and went after them. While the other stayed on us and kept as from going after it. I swore as I was forced to hope the hatchlings made it.

((Zoey))

At least one of the seron eaters was after us. split up I said he can't get all of us. At least a couple of us will make it I knew that we needed at least one of us to survive if we wanted to defeat xzarna. I privately hoped it chose to chase me instead of them. I should have been careful what I wished for. Nathan and Tanya both went in different directions but the seron eater kept on me. Maybe it was the blue and gold scales that attracted it. It was gaining on me. And there was a cliff coming up. This was it. I had to face it. I turned around as it continued to charge. My scales glowed as I waited. It's mouth opened as it pounced. At the last second I shot a spike into the roof of its mouth and through the top of its head. It was fatal. But as it died it hit me and I fell over the edge of the cliff. It wasn't as far as I thought. But the bottom was very rocky. I hit a rock and rolled a bit. I saw Tanya and Nathan running toward me and then I passed out.

((Aldin))

The spokesmen made an attempt to jump on me. It was often the way of these particular council members to think that pack leaders didn't know anything about fighting. So he was shocked when with little effort I dropped back and avoided his attack. I wanted to avoid violence if I could. But I also was not going to let him pick on me either. I watched him calmly but made no move to relatiate. I would wait until he was really trying to hurt me. For now tho he seemed stunned that I knew what I was doing. Then he seemed to think better about attacking again seeing as now my gaurds were watching him with a certain hostility. And one of my gaurds was serena who had a reputation as a highly skilled fighter and magic user. It would not be wise to attack the leader she took an oath to protect. Plus even one on one I was sure I could beat him. if you attack me again I will kill you. If my elite don't do it first I said calmly. serena, if that other council member continues to try to sneak up on me I want you to take him out I added.

((Zayrx))

"our daughter can be very good a convincing people" I said. We had barely been back at the cave five minutes when we got the message from serena about what was happening with the council. We headed over immediately.

zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next