The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and we wait...

5 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

and we wait... Empty and we wait...

Post by MellieCharming Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Greetings all. Now that I am back I figured that a nice RPG might help to revitalize this place so here it goes.

Since these dark ages of the forum are those until Zelf returns, I figured that this would be upon that topic. The setting is a post apocalyptic one. We are the survivors of one community (City of Xobrettahc chatterbox backwards-). The posts will be numbered in days as of in our own personal diaries. Should we get this running then we can have normal RPG dialogue and such but for now we stick to the entries.

Name: Eleanor
Appearance: brown pixie cut with front bangs and intense brown eyes
Back story: was good friends with the community leader before the end happened. Left for 18 months to seek help but had returned unsucsessfully. Natural leader and used to be friends with all but has since gone colder without any interactonnin a long time.

Rules: Nothing explicit. This includes language, violence and intimacy.
---------------------------
Day 238
I have returned to the remains of Xobrettahc appear lifeless. I wonder if everybody died in my absence. Am I too late? Tomorrow I shall investige this more.
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Female Posts : 497

Back to top Go down

and we wait... Empty Re: and we wait...

Post by rube Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Name: Sam
Appearance: Tomboyish,always carries around her long bow and knives in her double scabbord under her mottled green and gray cloak.(those of you who have read Ranger's apprentice know exactly what I am talking about) Long, blonde hair and serious but yet humorous icey blue eyes. Tall for her age and absolutely loves her horse Rube and will not go anywhere without her.
Back Story: after the incident, Sam was stuck in her small house for a year or so with her books, her horse, and a few weapons from her dad that studyd and made medieval weapons. While in the house, she started reading about the rangers. And eventually decided to become one in the troubled world she had come to call home. She is still learning, but getting vary accurate with her bow, and is trying to teach her horse the skills of a ranger's horse.
------------------------------------------
Day 238
I just started teaching Rube how to be silent when I put her in the woods wile I look for any new signs of life. You never know who could be out there to steal her, and I haven't taught her to buck strangers off yet. I found foot prints today, and I plan on following them tomorrow, as it is getting dark, and strange creatures come out now, ever since the incident. I need to light a fire and put Rube down for tonight.
rube
rube
zelf''s sister
zelf''s sister

Female Posts : 534
Birthday : 1999-08-31
Humor : funny stuff...

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:19 pm

I thought I heard a crunch from behind me. "Hello?" I asked, in hope that it was somebody I knew, but it was in vain. Nobody in sight. I sighed and continued onward.
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by rube Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Day 239
I have spotted the person I have been tracking. I wanted to make sure that she wasn't any trouble, so I snuck around with the outermost quietness that rangers are known for. I then studied her throughout the day, aimlessly walking. But yet, still looking for something. ((I need to go to bed, so I will pick this back up tomorrow. Hopefully someone else has gotten the message that people are on the forum again))
rube
rube
zelf''s sister
zelf''s sister

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Day 239
I made it back to the remains of what had been my home today. Thank heavens that the Tuff shed in my backyard is still in complete functioning. The house is still able to be entered but the windows are all broken and I doubt its stability. I did spend some time this afternoon going through my old photo albums from when the town was still intact. I now remember the little girl Sammie that I used to babysit. Wonder if she is alive or even in this city still. I doubt she would even recognize me now; those were the days when I thought that french braids and front bangs were cute with braces and that hot pink pants matched perfectly with my forest green and neon orange tie die shirt....boy was i such a clueless 15 year old...
I hang my hammock inside my shed and place the sleeping bag inside. Today was so exhausting that I don't even bother to change out of my faded jeans and navy blue tank top. My brown combat boots rest to the side as I slid into the sleeping bag, letting the smell of sweat and the rocking of the hammock lull me to sleep.
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by rube Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Day 240:
I slept outside the little shack that the girl slept in. She just woke up, and was walking outside when I decided to make an appearance. shadowed by the old rigady shack, I decided to talk for what seamed to be a long time since I did last, and my voice was raspy because of that. "Hello there, who are you? My name is Sam.
rube
rube
zelf''s sister
zelf''s sister

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:41 pm

Day 240
My hand immediaely touched to my hip pocket where my hand tazer was. There was something familiar about the youngish girl now talking to me though, so I decided to respond to her questions. It had been ever so long since I had contact with other living beings.
"I am Eleanor and I live here or rather I used to before the..." wait a moment, I knew those blue eyes. "Sammie?" My voice was very quiet.
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by rube Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Day 240
When she first saw me, I had my hand on my saxe knife in case she really wasn't as friendly as I thought she was. I watched as her had went to her taser, I was ready for the worst. But then, I saw a sign of confusion on her face, which turned into recognition. "....yes, I suppose you could call me sammie, but I prefer sam. Who are you anyways? I haven't seen anyone out here for years."
rube
rube
zelf''s sister
zelf''s sister

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Day 240
"You don't remember me do you?" I asked, my nose beginning to sting. Why was it now that my eyes wanted to leak their salty water down my face? I controlled it of course; i would never be seen crying publicly especially over such trivial things.
Of course she didn't remember how old would she have been at the time, nine? Ten?
"I'm Ellie two doors down"
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by rube Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Ellie....Two doors down.... It rung a bell, somewhere back in my mind of my mind, before my family died, before the incident, before... When things were good and happy. Ellie, the funny neighbor 2 doors down, was standing right in front of her,5 years later looking solemn as ever. "You alive! I can't believe it! what happened? Where is your family? What happened to your dog?"
rube
rube
zelf''s sister
zelf''s sister

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Day 240
"Conner was walking Cocoa when the ash started coming down and Dad started looking for them. When neither of them returned after a week, mama began o get depressed and just gave up leaving me with baby Anna. She came with me when i went to find help but I left her with a young couple who had lost Thor son in the wreckage. How was I supposed to care for her anyways?
How is your family?" I asked. Then with a bit of hope "Is your brother Hector...?'
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by rube Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:37 pm

" When the ash was coming down, my dad tried his best to get us all out of the house. Hector and I were the ones to get out first, with Mom behind us, and Dad close behind. But on the way out, our house broke down, killing Dad instantly and trapping mom under some boards. Hector and I tried to get her out, but the ash was taking over our lungs and our mom told us to leave. We made it out, but Hector got severely sick. Thankfully, we were able to make it to a village where my brother healed up, but he is going to have asma for the rest of his life. After the ash and the magma settled in a few months we were able to make it back to our house to see if anything was left. All we could find was from our father's safe, $100, a few medieval weapons he had made, and this journal kept by Will Treaty. We were able to get a little bit of food from my brother using this bow to try shooting some rabbits, but I was not string enough at the time to pull it back all the way, and we needed more money. So against my will, Hector went to work in the mill at the village. I didn't want him to go, because of his severe case of asma, and I even tried to take his place, but he wouldn't have any of it. He left the next day to work in the dusty mill where is would surely have an asthma attack and no inhaler to help him, I haven't seen him since."
rube
rube
zelf''s sister
zelf''s sister

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:54 pm

I winced. Back before the end happened, I'd had a bit of a crush on Hector even though he was a year older than I. "Maybe we could go looking for him?"
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Name: Lyrica
Appearance: Bright green eyes and long brown hair that goes to her knees. Usually braided back.
Back story: Her dad left her a couple of years before the end, and her mom checked out mentally and was institutionalized not long after. She was always a little quite, like she wasn't sure how to be a part of a conversation. After the end she bunked down in the trailer she had lived in before her parents split. (An event she privately calls the beginning of the end.)

Day 240
I found this blank book in one of the stores in town. What is let of the store anyways. It was buried under a lot of rubble. It may not be food, but at least it provides a little company. I have been rather lonely....
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Female Posts : 2622
Birthday : 1994-01-03
Humor : CANDY!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:43 am

Day 240
I stayed a little longer with Sam and then decided to go exploring a bit. I told her that I would meet her later on in the evening. I wondered if the library was intact still? That is where I go first. I stepped carefully through the shattered glass of what was a sliding door. The carpet had burn marks all over it. That was a bad sign for the books. I walked up the stairs to the YA section and began browsing
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Name: Kyle
Appearance: Blonde-ish brown hair, with an almost grey tint to it. Hair is kept brushed to the side, whilst the sides and back are crazy, with hair often curling up or sticking straight out; tall, with extremely long arms. Surprisingly short legs.
Back story: Kyle had always been a loner, even before things started going bad. He'd occasionally find himself in groups of others, and he would enjoy those times. But, he'd then always find his way out of them, one way or another. He lives as a scavenger, and isn't afraid using force to get what he wants. However, he is deeply conflicted about this. He has strong and strange moral code, which not even he truly understands.
((I'll post more later, I just wanted to get this down))
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Male Posts : 1919
Birthday : 1998-02-10
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dirHGODpM

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:26 pm

(Welcome to the roleplay. We look forward to having another person)
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:40 pm

((Meh, I'll write now))

Day 240
I had taken shelter inside of the old library. I had already stolen from it what I wanted:books that defined me that I didn't own. I carried around my defining books in a satchel with me wherever I went. They were part of me, without them I felt as if I was missing a piece of my soul.

I had taken abode in a pile of rubble on the second floor. I was sleeping, or, more like half sleeping, which was the only type of sleeping I could do, when the girl walked in. She walked so casually, up to a bookshelf directly perpendicular to me. She was looking through YA fiction, but I felt as if she had already read all of the novels she was looking at.

I gripped my sword in my right hand. It was small, and especially lightweight. It was made to be more useful in combat that a knife, but a better assasining tool than a sword. I slowly stood up, making sure to make no noise. Yet, I didn't want to hurt this girl. Sure, I wanted anything of value that she had with her. I would be able to barter things in the hidden underground black market. In most cases, killing wouldn't be so bad. But, something was off.

"I don't want to kill you," I said. My voice startled her. "So please give me anything of value you have."
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:52 pm

I was deeply started but for sending reason my composure remained intact. Maybe being distanced from others for so long a time had done this to me, or maybe it was just that I had distanced myself long ago. I made a mental note that the first step in reconstruction would have to be social.
Exhaling slowly though my nose I rose my hands to show that I had nothing worth stealing. "Do you think that anybody would have anything of value this far after the end?" My alto voice was soothingly calm, but my piercing gaze counteracted that.
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Day 240: I got bored so I decided to head to the library. At least they had storys about a better life, even if I couldn't live it. But as I crept up the stairs I heard a voice. I peered through the door and saw the girl. she had her hands held up and was talking to someone. I hesitated. Should I do something?
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:00 pm

"You'd be amazed what people keep," I said. "Wedding rings. Necklaces from lovers who have died. Earrings of a mother that you don't want to forget so you always wear a little peice of her. You'd also be surprised the things people would buy. People would trade a substantial amount of food for just a little reminder of home."
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:04 pm

"Well I don't have anything like that. Can you put the weapon down now? "
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:34 pm

"I'm sorry, darling," I said, pulling my sword down but not sheathing it. "But a little precaution is always needed." I still thought that she had something of value.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:49 pm

I was nervous, but I couldn't just let this girl get robbed. I had no weapons though, or even anything to bribe him away. Oh well. I crept through the doors just as the boy said "I'm sorry, darling, but a little precaution is always needed." I took a deep breath. "Leave her alone." I said, my voice cracking a little.
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:24 pm

"Oh god, now there's two of them," I muttered. I grabbed my knife from my backpack and held it in my left hand. "This changes everything. Now, either you both give me everything you own, or I might have some blood on my hands today.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down