The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superheroes

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Superheroes Empty Superheroes

Post by 13obthepirate Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:21 pm

would anyone be interested in doing a superhero based rp?
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Male Posts : 1919
Birthday : 1998-02-10
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dirHGODpM

Back to top Go down

Superheroes Empty Re: Superheroes

Post by Miara Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Possibly, if you already have an idea in mind.
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Female Posts : 1398
Birthday : 1912-12-04
Location : A special place where all go but few ever return to.
Humor : Somewhere around the eighth century someone did something that no one would ever remember them doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:23 pm

I don't particularly, I just imagine an RP in which everyone makes their own backstory and are thrown together. Like the Avengers, or Justice League. Or like pretty much any other group, except for maybe the X-men, they kinda recruit people. And the Fantastic 4, they're very much to themselves. But I digress.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miara Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:48 pm

I'd be okay with it. Perhaps we should wait for the others to voice an opinion?
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Humor : Somewhere around the eighth century someone did something that no one would ever remember them doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:34 pm

my sentiments exactly. Doing an rp with two people can sometimes be fun, but it's very odd.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miara Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:42 pm

Agreed and sometimes very strange.
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:50 pm

If you guys can get more people on I am hoooking a few of my friends in so we should have a few more rpers soon. Smile
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Female Posts : 2622
Birthday : 1994-01-03
Humor : CANDY!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:40 am

It;s about time we had another one of these Smile
I'd be in.
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Female Posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Well, here we go!
(This will take place in the summer)

Secret Identity stuff:
Name: Reid Thomas
Description: A bit on the smaller side, but his abilities and being a superhero has given him a lot of time to bulk up. He has long brown hair and peircing blue eyes. He often has stubble, mostly just because he is too preoccupied with other things to shave.
Personality: VERY smart, and slightly soft spoken. Has a slight tendancy to lead, yet he is surrounded by people smarter than him so he often does not
Background: He is working as an undergraduate researcher in biology at his university, which is located in the city. He has a pretty normal family life, nothing specifically out of the ordinary, but that doesn't really matter, as he is away from home.

Superhero Stuff:
Name: Outlast
Power: He doesn't get tired
How it works: So, he he has cloroform in his cells along with mitochondria. Essentially what this does is that it gives him an insane amount of energy. So, in a fight, he doesn't get tired. Also, he is incredibly knoledgable, because in the time when most people sleep, he is kept awake by his power and studies combat, science, etc and also trains. He is only able to sleep after using an incredible amount of energy. Oh, his cells also have cell walls instead of membranes, so he has increased durability.
Costume: His costume (at least in its current state) is designed mostly for looks. It's what you expect out of a superhero. He wears a red and gold suit.
Level of Fame: only slight, has been a hero only for about a month
How he got his power: It was an accident in the lab in which he works. He told his professor, and he is the only other person who knows. While he uses his powers for good, he is also an experiment of sorts, a type of plant-human hybrid. His professor is working on a way to use his excess energy to power a machine.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:26 pm

(If you are a plant, does that mean we can kill you by overwatering you?)
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:05 pm

I mean...he can drown and stuff.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miara Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:41 pm

((Melody always asks the important questions.))

Secret Identity stuff:
Name: Elizabeth Ruarnal
Description: Average build and height. Physically unremarkable, except for her green/grey eyes. Very dark brown hair.
Personality: Reliable. Confident. She only says something if she believe she can improve the conversation. She has a quiet way of doing things that no one notices unless they take the time to pay attention.
Background: She doesn't share her back story often since her parents are both well-known and on the loose criminals.

Superhero Stuff:
Name: Illusion
Power: Photons
How it works: She can control photons, which create light. So, she can bend it to change what people see.
Costume: Black outfit. Dark purple cloak. Black top hat.
Level of Fame: Previously unknown, because she tries not to get spotted.
How she got her power: Born with.
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:44 pm

(Also Mr.Leaf Man, are you weak to fire type powers?
Thanks MiaRa.
I will post later)
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:19 pm

I mean, aren't all humans weak to fire?
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Sorry, I am just having too much time picking at the human salad.
Speaking of which, ranch or vinaigrette? Laughing
okay okay, I should actually post something now haha
Secret Identity Stuff:

Name: Taylor Noble
Description: Caramel brown hair that extends to just below the shoulder blades. bright brown eyes. Tan like a swimmer would have.
Personality: Upbeat and confident. People find themselves drawn to her. Natural leader without having to stand up front, she just helps people by doing her thing where she is. The type that people would suspect to have a great social life.
Background: Sophomore in college. Honors student studying music and literary writing. Roommate is studying to be a detective (could be an important catch later). Has an exclusive boyfriend living out of state but not many know about him.

Hero Stuff:
Name: (Hasn't yet decided/committed to the superhero thing)
Power: Speed and strength
How it works: Storage and release, balanced. The weaker and slower she is now, the faster and stronger she can be later. If she uses too much at one point she lacks later. Staying hydrated helps too. And natural adrenaline does also give a boost as it would to anybody else.
Costume:
Fame: Since she is relatively new to her powers she has pretty much kept them on the down low.
How she got powers: She discovered her power in high school doing marathon dance rehearsals. All five hours she was focused, balanced and just as strong as if this were her first piece. The next few days she was uncommonly clumsy, weak, and distracted...she ended up having to quit because this made her stick out.
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:09 pm

((I think all of our characters will meet fighting a supervillian, sound cool?))
I pulled my phone out of the special pocket that I had made for it in my suit. 11:30 AM. So, I had officially been awake for 100 hours. I figured that I probably had to sleep soon. But, that would come tonight. Now, it was time for training, and being a sentinel.
When I first started training, I would do it all in private. It started off with normal things-running, lifting weights-but I eventually started developing skills that I figured would help me more. More and more I had been practicing parkour recently. It takes an incredible amout of work for my muscles to tire, and when they do they get rested incredibly quickly. So, needless to say, I trained a lot.
An added bonus of practicing parkour outside was that it also allowed me to be a sentinel. Any crime I saw I could stop. So, I made an effort to travel as far as I could, so I could, in theory, see as much as possible. This wasn't exactly too effective, though, as I was more focused on jumping between buildings than seeing crimes. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly a great hero yet.
But this day would be the day that I would actually make my mark on the world for the first time. I didn't know it then, but my first great battle would happen that day.
I was jumping between buildings on Wilson Avenue when when a heard an explosion. It was the first of many explosions that I would hear as Outlast, so it was very, very, very unexpected. I climbed down the building that I was on in order to see what had happened. Through the smoke I could see the silhouette of a man walking towards me.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Secret Identity:
Phil Hedger
Description: Eyes so blue they're almost white, short brown hair, weathered skin like he's spent way too much time out in the elements. Always wears a distracted look, like he's doing a thousand things at once.
Personality: A bit of a loner, as very few like to talk to him because he always seems distracted.
Background: An orphan formerly living in foster homes. He is supposed to go to the same college Taylor goes to, but he never goes to classes except to turn in homework and take quizzes and tests. Spends most of his time wandering around, apparently shooting the breeze. To society, Phil seems to be a good-for-nothing eventually doomed to a life of homelessness. He can only afford to go to college because of a scholarship left by his dad.

Fame: none. Appears in a few urban legends, but most of his hero work is done behind-the-scenes by anonymous tips, covert sabotage, and only the occasional personal appearance to stop a particularly bad impulse crime.
Power: Wind powers. Anything the wind hears, he can hear. He can direct what he listens to, but the wind is constantly also telling him fragments of conversations near and far, showing him images of places far away, and caressing him with textures he hasn't touched. It's no wonder people think him a bit mad, because he very well might be, because along with all this information he gets he also has a wonderful memory. He can also guide the wind, even creating strong local winds. While he can manipulate objects with the wind, small, dense objects can resist the force of the wind.
Discovered his powers after being thrown off a suspension bridge tower after a hostage situation gone wrong, in which his dad was also killed and his mom turned into a vegetable.

(If we're all going to meet while fighting a supervillain, this supervillain would have to be pretty nasty: bad enough that no one of us could take him out by ourselves.)
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Male Posts : 157
Humor : Mobility-impaired puns

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:09 pm

It was already getting warm outside though it could not be later than 10 am. Thankfully I had my big aluminum water bottle with me. Tuesdays in summer school are my short days so class was out. I had just parked my car in the garage and was starting the couple block walk to my apartment, when a deafening noise hits my ears, loud enough that my ribs seem to vibrate. My heart beats faster.
Must be close.
Might be dangerous.
But most importantly, somebody might need my help. The moment I decide to go investigate, I am suddenly there standing in smoke. I inwardly curse myself for using my powers without thinking about it. Wait smoke? My mind is moving fast now. The scene is unsafe. Loud explosion, now smoke. I see a figure walking away from me at 4 o'clock. Their posture tells me that they are unconcerned, perhaps even gloating. In the person's hands is something. A bag? That and the smoke and the noise are not good signs.
In a moment my water bottle is flying through the air in the direction if the guy's head.

Last edited by MelodyReturns on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I didn't read the first post and didn't notice this was supposed to be in the summetime. oops :D)
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miara Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 am

I heard the explosion and ran there.  I saw a man drop from a nearby building and, having glimpsed him before, decided to let him take care of the outside and the figure appearing out of the smoke.  I ran in.

Despite my prolonged history with being inside burning buildings, I still wasn't used to it.  I had an up-close view the man responsible, and my immediate reaction was to destroy him, but I didn't have a good enough grasp on my powers for such a thing.  Instead, I lighted a path for myself so that I could find anyone trapped inside, while also hiding myself from his view.  I saw someone quite suddenly appear within the smoke, and I saw her fling something at the villain, so I assumed she was clear-headed enough to get out before the building lost stability.  I again had to fight the urge to stay and fight, but forced myself into the further into the building to search for survivors.

I stopped myself just inside the door, realizing this building had actually been abandon for years. I walked back out, coughing smoke and dust.  The man  in the smoke seemed unusually calm  He wasn't phased by anything around him.
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:47 am

Smoke. Oil. Ozone. What a strange collection of smells. And the sounds. Cars, footsteps, and conversation as normal, but also screaming and a strange whirring. And fire. What a charming crackling... in a self-destructive kind of way. I have to be careful around fire. It's beautiful, so beautiful, too beautiful. I've burned myself a few times with matches, trashcan fires, and the like. Yes, it's stupid, but it's just so beautiful.  (note to others: you may want to think a bit about your weakness)

My mind snaps back to the situation at hand. I twist a breeze to flow from where the smoke is toward me, giving me an idea of what's over there. A metal thing (a car? no. too small. But it's strangely also a person.), a burning building, screaming people (running away down the street, cowering under cover, and inside the building) Other people, frozen in shock, throwing something, or... heading into the building? I summon a large breeze to carry me the three blocks to the scene. Oh. It's a bank. Or rather a building attached to the back side of a bank.

The big metal person/thing is a man in a suit of powered armor. The armor covers most of his body but not his head. His face is covered by a mask with a tube going to one of the three tanks on his back, specifically the one on the right. On one of his arms is a large cannon that is smoking slightly, smelling of ozone, and was probably used to blow up the wall. Some sort of energy bolt? Must require a big power source. His other hand is holding a large bag, probably filled with cash from the vault (which is blown open behind him). This arm has a tube going to the tank on his left. The tank in the middle is smaller and is wired to his armor, both legs and the energy weapon.

As I am approaching, a lady runs up near the building far too fast and throws something far too fast to be normal at his head. When it gets within about 2 feet of his head it starts to slow down, but still hits his head with considerable momentum. He jerks forward, stumbling, but catches himself and starts to turn to face whoever threw it. Wait a minute, (or rather don't as you're watching a villain rob a bank) I recognize her from my writing class. Taylor. Funny the things you notice as you're flying toward a brush with death.

The man in the suit turns toward Taylor as I land behind him. A woman in black steps out of the building and a man in a red and gold suit (the kind worn by a stereotypical cosplay nerd imitating who-knows-what superhero) drops from the roof. He looks around, taking in the four of us - all young, not at all matching, and not really working together. His face breaks into a smirk and he snorts "Who do you think you are?"
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:15 pm

My few years of acting and performance came into play as did time working customer service.
"Let me clarify your question. 'Who do you think you are?' what? Running around leaving scars? Collecting your jar of hearts? Tearing love apart? "
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:36 pm

If looks could kill there would only be three of us left.
"Run while you still can." he growls, dropping the bag on the ground and raising his fists - he obviously thinks he can take all of us with only his fists. He waits for one of us to make the first move, again out of villainous bravado and showmanship.
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Back to top Go down

Post by MellieCharming Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:50 pm

(Knucklehead, your character didn't do anything in that post. you are a person, not a narrator.)
MellieCharming
MellieCharming
zelf's Assistant.
zelf's Assistant.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:00 pm

(Melody, why is it unacceptable to wait for someone else to make the first move? Phil isn't the run-in-regardless, confrontational type.)

As he drops the bag, I call a breeze to blow it back toward me, and then up onto a nearby (not-burning) roof. He notices its disappearance and turns, swinging at Elizabeth with a punch that could shatter concrete pillars. Or at the space where he thinks Elizabeth is. His hand passes harmlessly through empty space. He seems slightly shocked by the unexpected lack of resistance, but it doesn't put off his jump. Three feet up, ten feet toward me. Wow, this guy can jump. I blow myself backwards out of range, and send a good airstream at his back to try to knock him over. He looks a bit less steady on his feet but doesn't stumble. His back is to you three. I hope you take due advantage of his poor positioning as I proceed to dodge for my life.
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:22 pm

I was happy to see other people also fighting the large mechanical suited man. Firstly, it gave me backup, which was always helpful. But more helpful was being able to have the element of surprise. The mechsuit man was preoccupied with Mr. Wind, so I took it as my opportunity to strike. I quickly climbed a building, in order to get high ground on the villian, who was proceeding with shouting that his name was Armor, and that first he would have this money and then the world. When Armor was jumping in order to attack the wind lord, I jumped from the building onto his back. This startled him, and I took his quick startling to my advantage. I tried ripping the first thing that I could, which was the pipe connecting his left arm to what I believed to be his power source. Of course, this was incredibly challenging. I was preoccupied with breaking it that I was unable to realize that I was falling to my inevitable peril. I was able to finally disconecting the pipe, but was moments away from hitting the ground. I thought I was done for. But, I was saved by a gust of wind propelling me upwards. It was the one who could control wind, he had saved me. I landed on my feet next to the rest of the heroes. It was strange, but in that exact moment I finally felt a sense of belonging. I did not know the 3 other heroes surronding me, but I had a strange feeling that I would. I knew, in a sense, that this would be my group, that this would be my team. This would be the real life Justice League, or Avengers, or X-men, granted I knew we weren't all mutants considering I wasn't so we couldn't be the X-men, but I digress. Our name, our ideals, our friendship would have to come later. For Armor was not yet defeated. He rose up from his fall, battered, bruised, and angry. I and my new compatriots gathered ourselves for the imminent fight.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down