The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The basics of getting started on a forum.

Go down

The basics of getting started on a forum.  Empty The basics of getting started on a forum.

Post by zelf Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:40 pm

This topic is for people who have never been on a forum before. I will tell you some basic things that are useful to know on a forum.

1: There will usualy be some forum rules. some forums don't have them but most do. It would be best to read them before you post. they are usualy near the top.

2: On the main page there are things called boards. They have a title and a description. if you click a them you will be given a list of topics, called threads. about things in that category. so if you clicked on a board labled "pets and other animals" you would find topics about pets and other animals. all of those threads are created by members from this forum.

3: each forum will have a group of different staff members. They are given the ability to do things that members cannot do. they can also do all the things members can do. most forums have positions like. Administrator and moderateor. This forum has Forum owner/head webmaster ((me)), webmaster ((in the blue. currently emtpy)), zelf's assistant ((in the orange)), general category/entertainment staff ((light green)) general forum staff ((purple)) and roleplay staff ((dark green))

4: A PM is a private message. members can send PM's to eachother and it will onkly be between those members. not even I can see what you are talking about.

5: it is a good idea to make freinds. But do not give out personal information. there is no way to tell if anyone is for real.

zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 19703
Birthday : 1994-06-03
Humor : lol

http://thechatterbox.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down