The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No, Serious, READ THESE JOKES

2 posters

Go down

No, Serious, READ THESE JOKES Empty No, Serious, READ THESE JOKES

Post by Invizique Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Found these at http://www.getamused.com/jokes/
Laughing
Documentation products
The following is supposedly a true story. To be included, besides being true, the story is most likely strange, weird, surprising, or funny.

FrameMaker and Interleaf are competing documentation products. When the spelling checker of FrameMaker 2.1 encounters the word Interleaf in a document, it flags it as a misspelling. What does it offer as the correct spelling? "FrameMaker"
Laughing
What educational programs
What educational programs should the United States support to alleviate the burgeoning US-Japan trade imbalance?

Japanese language lessons for lawyers.
Laughing
Flapping Flag
Four monks were meditating in a monastery. All of a sudden the prayer flag on the roof started flapping.

The younger monk came out of his meditation and said: "Flag is flapping"

A more experienced monk said: "Wind is flapping"

A third monk who had been there for more than 20 years said: "Mind is flapping."

The fourth monk who was the eldest said, visibly annoyed: "Mouths are flapping!"
Laughing
A man walked into a bar with his alligat...
A man walked into a bar with his alligator and asked the bartender, "Do you serve lawyers here?"
"Sure do," replied the bartender.

"Good," said the man. "Give me a beer, and Ill have a lawyer for my gator."
Laughing
Japanese Error Haikus
In Japan, Sony Vaio machines have replaced the impersonal and unhelpful Microsoft error messages with their own Japanese haiku poetry.
Windows NT crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Web site you seek
Can not be located but
Countless more exist
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.
ABORTED effort:
Close all that you have worked on.
You ask way too much.
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that.
First snow, then silence.
This thousand dollar screen dies
so beautifully.
With searching comes loss
and the presence of absence:
"My Novel" not found.
The Tao that is seen
Is not the true Tao, until
You bring fresh toner.
Stay the patient course
Of little worth is your ire
The network is down
A crash reduces
your expensive computer
to a simple stone.
Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.
You step in the stream,
but the water has moved on.
This page is not here.
Out of memory.
We wish to hold the whole sky,
But we never will.
Having been erased,
The document you're seeking
Must now be retyped.
Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.
Laughing
MY PC IS A SONY VAIO, JAPAN!!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS!!
Invizique
Invizique
very active.
very active.

Female Posts : 333
Birthday : 1994-08-09
Humor : Watching people hit this: http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Symbiont

http://insanerp.rpgwars.org

Back to top Go down

No, Serious, READ THESE JOKES Empty Re: No, Serious, READ THESE JOKES

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Pretty funny, i will admit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invizique Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Here is a riddle for someone...

How is a computer like an air conditioner?

Spoiler:

It's almost funny...

Laughing
A guy walks into a bar and sees a dog playing poker. The guy...
A guy walks into a bar and sees a dog playing poker. The guy is amazed

that the dog is playing poker. "Bartender, is that a real dog playing

poker?" the guy asks. "Yep, real as can be." the bartender replies. "Well

is he any good?" the guy asks. "Na, every time he has a good hand he wags

his tail."
Laughing

College Degrees
A husband and wife were at a party chatting with some friends when the subject of marriage counseling came up. "Oh, we'll never need that. My husband and I have a great relationship," the wife explained. "He was a communications major in college, and I majored in theater arts. He communicates really well, and I just act as if I'm listening."
Laughing

U.S. Air Force pilot
The following is supposedly a true story. To be included, besides being true, the story is most likely strange, weird, surprising, or funny.

I have a friend who flew Lear Jets for the U.S. Air Force. He would occasionally be assigned to an air show where one of his tasks was answering questions about his plane. Someone would always point to the fuel tank and ask if it was a missile. His standard answer was, "I can neither confirm or deny the presence of nuclear weapons on this aircraft."
Laughing
Doing it All Wrong

A wife returning from a fishing trip with her husband was telling her troubles to a neighbor. "I did everything all wrong again today," she said.

"I talked too loud, I used the wrong bait, I reeled in too soon, and I caught more than he did."
Laughing
THIS ONE IS CREEPY... no offense to anyone. This would be my bro over the Steelers.
An extremely loyal fan
There was a Packers fan with a really crappy seat at Lambeau. Looking with his binoculars, he spotted an empty seat on the 50-yard line. Thinking to himself "what a waste" he made his way down to the empty seat.

When he arrived at the seat, he asked the man sitting next to it, "Is this seat taken?" The man replied, "This was my wife's seat. She passed away. She was a big Packers fan." The other man replied,"I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May I ask why you didn't give the ticket to a friend or a relative?"

The man replied, "They're all at the funeral."
Laughing
THIS ONE IS HILARIOUS despite its length.

Idiots on the computer
Any time you feel dumb, don't worry. Check out the following excerpts from a "Wall Street Journal" article by Jim Carlton. Lots of people are dumber than you.

1. Compaq is considering changing the command "Press Any Key" to "Press Return Key" because of the many calls asking where the "Any" key is.

2. AST technical support had a caller complaining that her mouse was hard to control with the dust cover on. The cover turned out to be the plastic bag the mouse was packaged in.

3. Another Compaq technician received a call from a man complaining that the system wouldn't read word processing files from his old diskettes. After trouble-shooting for magnets and heat failed to diagnose the problem, it was found that the customer labeled the diskettes by rolling them into a typewriter to type on them.

4. Another AST customer was asked to send a copy of her defective diskettes. A few days later a letter arrived from the customer along with Xeroxed copies of the floppies.

5. A Dell technician advised his customer to put his troubled floppy back in the drive and close the door. The customer asked the tech to hold on, and was then heard putting the phone down, getting up and crossing the room to close the door to his room.

6. Another Dell customer called to say he couldn't get his computer to fax anything. After 40 minutes of trouble-shooting, the technician discovered the man was trying to fax a piece of paper by holding it in front of the monitor screen and hitting the "send" key.

7. Another Dell customer needed help setting up a new program, so a Dell tech suggested he go to the local Egghead. "Yeah, I got me a couple of friends," the customer replied. When told "Egghead" was a software store, the man said, "Oh, I thought you meant for me to find a couple of geeks."

8. Yet another Dell customer called to complain that his keyboard no longer worked. He had cleaned it by filling up his tub with soap and water and soaking the keyboard for a day, then removing all the keys and washing them individually.

9. A Dell technician received a call from a customer who was enraged because his computer had told him he was "bad and an invalid". The tech explained that the computer's "bad command" and "invalid" responses shouldn't be taken personally.

10. An exasperated caller to Dell Computer Tech Support couldn't get her new Dell Computer to turn on. After ensuring that the computer was plugged in, the technician asked her what happened when she pushed the power button. Her response, "I pushed and pushed on this foot pedal and nothing happens." The "foot pedal" turned out to be the computer's mouse.

11. Another customer called Compaq tech support to say her brand-new computer wouldn't work. She said she unpacked the unit, plugged it in, and sat there for 20 minutes waiting for something to happen. When asked what happened when she pressed the power switch, she asked "What power switch?"

12. True story from a Novell NetWire SysOp: Caller: "Hello, is this Tech Support?"

Tech: "Yes, it is. How may I help you?" Caller: "The cup holder on my PC is broken and I am within my warranty period. How do I go about getting that fixed?" Tech: "I'm sorry, but did you say a "cup holder"?" Caller: "Yes, it's attached to the front of my computer." Tech: "Please excuse me if I seem a bit stumped; it's because I am. Did you receive this as part of a promotion, like at a trade show? How did you get this cup holder? Does it have any trademark on it?" Caller: "It came with my computer, I don't know anything about a promotional. It just has '4X' on it."

At this point the Tech Rep had to mute the caller, because he couldn't stand it. The caller had been using the load drawer of the CD-ROM drive as a cup holder, and snapped it off the drive!

Another well-known one that I can add is the true tale of the user who called up complaining that the instructions said to load the four diskettes into "Drive A" but he couldn't possibly get more than two in.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Invizique
Invizique
very active.
very active.

Female Posts : 333
Birthday : 1994-08-09
Humor : Watching people hit this: http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Symbiont

http://insanerp.rpgwars.org

Back to top Go down

Post by avery Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Wow, sis. you really read that stuff? And I was, thinking my obsession with blond jokes was some terrible secret... Laughing
avery
avery
staff
staff

Female Posts : 151
Location : In a fantastic world where my fantasies about dragons are all true. Excepty that one nasty dream...
Humor : Watching those who read my blog and forum posts say "WAIT, they're the same person?!"

http://solsticestar.ucoz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down