The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haven't decided yet

+2
Mira
Miara
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Haven't decided yet - Page 2 Empty Re: Haven't decided yet

Post by Mira Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Interesting! I see a new view into the people of this story!
I am waiting with bated breath for the next exciting installment!
Mira
Mira
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Female Posts : 125
Birthday : 1911-04-30
Location : I go hither and thither a lot, so don't expect to find me.
Humor : Your question implies that there is no logical answer, I disagree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miara Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 pm

“You shame me, cousin. Never once have you ever said such things to any of the other suitors, no matter how drunk you managed to get. Which, by the way, I’m no longer allowing such drinking. Do you particularly hate this one or did you believe that my mother would allow you to take the throne?” I had hurried to the stables as soon as my lady’s maid had let me--I refused to have more than one attend me. I needed to talk to Drekle.
“I knew that your mother wouldn’t allow such a thing. Not when I am your father’s nephew. I’m worried about the kingdom. What do we really know about this man? He seems nice enough and he certainly is taken with you, but what will he do for the people? They need someone who can rule them justly, not someone who will befriend them and take their money. I’m sorry about last night. I truly am, Riyu. I had not meant to say such things while drunk.” I stopped him with a raised hand.
“You hadn’t meant to say them while drunk? So you had meant to say them then?”
“Yes, just in private. I was hoping to scare him off. Much like the people, I wait for the day that you will chose your own suitor.”
“Very well, but I’m afraid my mother will not wait any longer before she forces me into a marriage with one of her own choices. I think that’s why my father sent this one. He doesn’t want the others to gain the throne either. If my father approves of Gunnar, then I believe that he will be good enough for the country, whether you believe it or not.” I left him to continue mucking out the stables. I headed inside to talk to Gunnar, the faster this was over, the better.
I reached his suites without having figured out what to say to him yet. I sighed and plopped onto a bench that was conveniently seated nearby. I’m not sure how long I sat there, but I managed to fall asleep. I woke up hearing what I thought was my father’s voice.
“Riyu, you shouldn’t sleep there,” I cracked an eye open to find myself face to face with Prince Gunnar. I jerked and smacked my head on the stone wall behind me. I reached up and rubbed my head.
“Nicely done,” my scathing remark was interrupted by a messenger running up.
“Your highness, it’s the King. Come quickly.” I raced after the messenger and Gunnar raced after me.
I reached the courtyard first and the procession in front of me chilled me to the bone. Gunnar came up behind me and froze as well. I stepped towards the covered cart. My hand quivered as I removed the cloth. My father’s body lay there, unmoving and cold. I stepped away to keep myself from bursting into tears right then and there.
“Prepare a funeral pyre. My father will receive a warriors farewell. Captain, you will meet me in my father’s study.” I took a deep, steadying breath. My father was dead.
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Female Posts : 1398
Birthday : 1912-12-04
Location : A special place where all go but few ever return to.
Humor : Somewhere around the eighth century someone did something that no one would ever remember them doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:31 pm

hmm yes. Very intresting. Your story really seems to be developing.
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Male Posts : 3459
Birthday : 1998-06-03
Humor : Everything is funny when you're with friends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down