The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Paradise"

2 posters

Go down

"Paradise" Empty "Paradise"

Post by Mira Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Ok, New role play.
Each person is a teenager with little experience in anything. Their parents couldn't handle them anymore, or could afford to keep them anymore, so they were sent here to work for their keep. The only way they could stay was to keep working. The quality of work you did changed the living space you received and the food you were given to eat.

If you are joining, please specify age, gender, name, and one thing your character is sorta good at from this list:
-Digging
-Tracking
-Sensing weather
-Stealth
-Weaving (I mean like making things out of cloth)
-Hunting
-Seeing things from a way off(Like you can see farther than most people)
-Climbing
-Hiking
-Reading/Writing
Oh, and no one else can live without water (yet) except Jess and Nerilka.

I am Jess.
Female
Live without drinking water

This is the 253rd day here.
The new group they brought in last week are starting to realize this is not what they were expecting. The first day they were complaining about no activities besides work. The second day they started complaining about the food. By the end of the first week they were miserable. Now, the second day of the second week, they are getting scared.
The first person of the new group disappeared yesterday. None of them know where he went. I do. I saw it all. This was how it always started. The troublemakers were sent out into the desert that surrounded this "Paradise". They have no chance of survival. Unless I find them first.
My life started here exactly like theirs did. Only, I wasn't supposed to be sent here, neither was Nerilka, but that didn't stop them from treating us the same.
Me and Nerilka have no parents, that we can remember. We have no past, that we can remember. We only know we can live without drinking water. We have to have some contact with water every two days though, otherwise our skin starts to flake and crack. After four days, our skin starts to get so bad it bleeds, and after 6 days we might as well be dead for the pain it causes.
Thats how we met in the desert. We had been cast out because we weren't being the perfect servants they wanted us to be. We were rebels. And now, we live outside the walls of Paradise. Where they cant always see us. We live off of anything we can find and we help whoever is sent out into the desert.
Nerilka walked out last night to try and find the poor soul who was abandoned about three miles from paradise with a blindfold and a knife. I can remember the instructions they gave me, "Kill yourself or die by starvation. Your choice." Then they would leave. I still have that knife.
I was watching the northern border of the land called Paradise for any return of Nerilka.
Our plan was always the same: meet on the northern side in the morning, the eastern side at midday, the southern side at dusk, and the western side at midnight. If luck was with her, the guy would be following Nerilka as she came back. I could only hope.

Last edited by Mira on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mira
Mira
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Female Posts : 125
Birthday : 1911-04-30
Location : I go hither and thither a lot, so don't expect to find me.
Humor : Your question implies that there is no logical answer, I disagree.

Back to top Go down

"Paradise" Empty Re: "Paradise"

Post by Miara Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Character Format:
Name:
Description:
Good at:

Me:
Name: Nerilka
Description: Dark black hair, deep grey eyes
Good at: Annoying the Guardians ((heh heh heh, but seriously)), surviving without water

The guy didn't have much hope without following me. I made sure he clearly understood this. I gently turned him away from the sun and removed the blindfold. He was shocked that I wasn't one of the "Guardians." They started out as a good idea, but they eventually got too full of themselves to be any use to the "normals." The guy followed me making sure to only step in my tracks., this way the Guardians would think it was only him, not me. I had been caught too many times to want to enter Paradise again. By now I had collected at least 70 knives and as many blindfolds.

Last edited by Miara on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : we needed a character format)
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Female Posts : 1398
Birthday : 1912-12-04
Location : A special place where all go but few ever return to.
Humor : Somewhere around the eighth century someone did something that no one would ever remember them doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:12 pm

I was sitting on a fallen trunk that was on the very edge of Paradise when I smelled a scent of people in the air and I turned towards the wind to see Nerilka and the guy walking in single file.
I stood up and turned so I was facing them.

"Hey." I greeted them, "Its good to see that you got him."

I handed a water skin that I had "lifted" off a guardian earlier that day, to the guy as he stepped out of the sand and into the half sand-half dirt that was the border of Paradise.

I sat in silence as he drank a few swallows.
Mira
Mira
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Miara Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:14 pm

"The guardians got their ships running again. I may give them a little present." I smirked as I looked towards Paradise.
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Humor : Somewhere around the eighth century someone did something that no one would ever remember them doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:20 pm

"You really want to get them mad? They know we are here, they just don't know how many of us there are."
I looked at Nerilka, "But, I'm not gunna stop you," I smiled back. "What do you need?"
Mira
Mira
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Miara Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:22 pm

"The blindfold they gave him and his knife. You can find my knives and let him have one right?" I pulled his blindfold from my small pack.
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:26 pm

"Ya, that will be no problem. Are you going now? And if you are, please don't get caught. I have a feeling they will be happy to have one of us as a trophy."

I smiled at Nerilka. We gave them presents all the time. They rarely liked them
Mira
Mira
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Miara Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:32 pm

"Of course I'm going now. And why would I get caught...Again? I think I have enough knives from them. You know, they really should sharpen them more." I smiled fiendeshly at Jess and ran off towards Paradise.
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:37 pm

I motioned for the guy to follow me as I walked eastward around Paradise.

After we had gone a ways, I stopped him.
"Stay here. I'm going to get your knife. Don't walk into Paradise, and I hope I don't have to warn you about going into the desert." When he nodded I left.

We had rescued many people in the past days. Some were okay diggers and they had helped us build an underground tunnel system on the edge of Paradise. In the one area where I was going, we had hidden useful things in confusing ways so only me or Nerilka would be able to find it.
A few minutes later, I had a sharper stronger knife for the guy. He was sitting exactly where I left him.
Mira
Mira
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Miara Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:25 pm

I waltzed right into Paradise. As usual the Guardians were slacking. They didn't watch for intruders, just escapees.
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:08 am

Nerilka could hear the sounds of hard labor a little of to her left, but kept on walking.
There were guardians at every work site, and they would recognize her all to easily. No, her target was farther in.

I walked the guy to the eastern border to wait for Nerilka to return there; plus, I could see into the main complex pretty well from there and I was hoping to watch her progress.
Mira
Mira
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Miara Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:44 pm

((Other people should join...))
Miara
Miara
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:59 pm

((yes, they should. we can actually have the guy we have hanging out with me be a real person then..))
Mira
Mira
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:06 pm

((Alright. Should we get rid of this one if no one is going to join? I feel like it is just wasting space..))
Mira
Mira
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum