The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Roleplay about the Chatterbox Itself

4 posters

Go down

A New Roleplay  about the Chatterbox Itself Empty A New Roleplay about the Chatterbox Itself

Post by 13obthepirate Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Okay, so I have a thought for a new rp, tell me how you feel about it. So, we each write as ourselves, or at least in fictionalized versions of ourselves. One day, we all receive packages with small stones said to give us powers. At first, we of course think this is ridiculous, but we soon find out about their true power. We eventually meet each other, a form a cohesive unit. Our story is one of coming together, of the differences between online and real life communities, of learning our abilities, and of unraveling an evil force so powerful that we will almost certainly lose. How will our adventure unfold? Only time will tell.

****Reminder, you are playing as yourself, but you can fictionalize as much as you want****

So, who is interested?
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Male Posts : 1919
Birthday : 1998-02-10
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dirHGODpM

Back to top Go down

A New Roleplay  about the Chatterbox Itself Empty Re: A New Roleplay about the Chatterbox Itself

Post by Fearix Kamori Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:44 pm

I'm down. I like myself. It would probably be a lot less work to stay in character.
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Male Posts : 3459
Birthday : 1998-06-03
Humor : Everything is funny when you're with friends

Back to top Go down

A New Roleplay  about the Chatterbox Itself Empty Re: A New Roleplay about the Chatterbox Itself

Post by 13obthepirate Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:45 pm

should I post a "character creation" sheet, just to give people a better description of our physical selves?
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Um probably. Seems like a pretty good idea.
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 pm

just a reminder, this can be as real or as fake as you want

Name:
Online Name(s)
Power(nothing too ridiculous, but its allowed to be pretty powerful):

Name: A.J. O'Brien
Online Name(s): 13obthepirate, 13ob, The Innocent Dreamer
Physical description: tall (6'1.5"), fairly muscular from swimming, medium length brown hair (with blonde highlights from chlorine killing my hair) brushed to the side and back. Dress pretty preppy (polos, buttondowns, topsider shoes, etc) but nothing obnoxious.
Power: manipulation of light-can supercharge light into beams of energy at foes, use it to reflect off of objects (including myself) in order to make them seem invisible, as well as send transmissions by sending radio waves (a type of light)
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:15 pm

Name: Jon Bley
Online Name(s): ezuri, erzuri, Fearix Kamori
Physical Description: Tall (6'2"); messy, longish, dark brown hair,
Power(nothing too ridiculous, but its allowed to be pretty powerful): Can phase for short periods of time, can be used to disappear or to move through solid objects, also basic mind control that can be used for simple manipulation and thought placement
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:23 am

Well this looks interesting. I may end up joining it.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 19703
Birthday : 1994-06-03
Humor : lol

http://thechatterbox.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:41 am

Don't think. Just do it
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:09 pm

Please, it's impossible to do an rp without at least 3 people, and I really want to use this site for something.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Name: Parley

Online names: Zelf.

Physical description: around six feet tall (I never bothered to measure my exact height) curly blonde hair but usually likes to keep it shorter (easier to maintain that way)

Power: has absolute control over living things that do not have the ability to speak. (Note: he cannot control humans or the cells that make up the human body. That would make him far too powerful. )
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:58 pm

((I'll begin))
The morning began as most of my mornings do-waking up when my dad opened the door and turned on the light in my bedroom. It wasn't that I couldn't get up on my own-it was just a matter of convenience. After waking up, I walked slowly to the bathroom to take a quick shower. After cleaning myself I went back in my room and checked my phone to see how the temperature would be. It was currently under 60 degrees, and it was supposed to rain in the afternoon, so it wouldn't get much warmer. I sighed, the weather really was messed up. One day it's 90 degrees and the next day it's 60.

After putting on a pair of jeans and a button down shirt I went downstairs to eat breakfast. I always ate a large breakfast-I was always hungry. I then grabbed my backpack and drove myself to school, which was fairly regular, without much excitement.

That's how my whole day had been-normal. But that would change.

When I got home from school, I checked my mailbox to see if I had gotten any mail. A few colleges sent me things, but nowhere that I was looking. I looked on the front porch and saw a package, so I picked it up before walking inside.

When we get packages, they were almost always for my mom. But this one was addressed to me. It was odd-who would send me something now? It wasn't christmastime not my birthday. I eventually just shrugged it off, grabbing scissors to cut the tape of the binder-sized box.

Inside the box was another box, but it was much smaller. It was made of some sort of metal-it was almost black, and it was intrically carved with images of the sun, and of waves, not like the ocean but like sine graphs. I reached to pick it up, but that's when a voice suddenly appeared in my head.

YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN AS THE LIGHTBEARER.

It wasn't that I heard the voice, it just sorta appeared, almost like it was my own thoughts.

YOUR DESTINY WILL COME SOON ENOUGH. DO NOT TELL ANYONE OF YOUR POWER. KEEP THE STONE SAFE.

And then the voice was gone. I felt a chill up my spine. This wasn't normal. This was the type of stuff I wrote about on forums, not that happened in real life. But my curiosity got the best of me, and I opened the box.

Inside was a diamond about the size of a quarter. No-it wasn't a diamond, it was completely see-through. It was already attached to a necklace string.

PUT IT ON.

That's when I freaked. I dropped the crystal on the ground and screamed. No, this wasn't happening. What was happening? Nothing made sense. I tried to find the black metal box that the crystal had been in but it was gone.

I KNOW THIS IS HARD. I DON'T MEAN TO PUSH YOU TOO HARD. BUT YOH MUST PUT IT ON. WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO SPARE.

"Who the heck is we!?" I shouted.

YOU HAVE A CHOICE, A.J., EITHER YOU PUT THE NECKLACE ON AND YOU ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY TO CHANGE THE WORLD. OR, YOU CAN REMAIN LAYING ON THE GROUND AND LOSE YOUR CHANCE.

He knew me. It was strange, but he somehow knew exactly what to say. I slowly moved to grab the necklace. As soon as I grabbed it I felt a sense of energy. I picked it up and put it around my neck. I felt energized-I felt ready.

WELCOME, LIGHTBEARER. GO ONTO THE CHATTERBOX AND CREATE A NEW TOPIC. NAME IT "ROADTRIP". FOR THE TEXT, ENTER "WHO WANTS TO GO ON THE ROADTRIP OF A LIFETIME?"

Really? The chatterbox? A life altering crystal and the first thing I would do was go onto the forum? It seemed all too ridiculous.

I did as I was told.

((Okay, make sure to choose your own name (I.e. lightbearer) and also crystal color. Also, let's have fun!))
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:21 pm

I wasn't in school yet and I didn't go to work until 8:00 PM. I fed my turtle and got ready for the day. I got on the chatterbox to see how everything was going. A member who went by "the innocent dreamer" on the forum had posted some topic about a road trip. I found it odd but it wasn't breaking any rules so I didn't remove it. I didn't reply to it either tho and moved to look at other things. I heard a knock at the door and went to answer it. There was a package on the steps. Addressed to me. That was odd. I did not recall ordering anything. I opened the box to see what was inside. I found a rock that was smooth and green. It was small enough to fit in the palm of my hand. you have been chosen as the nature bender a voice said in my head. For a moment I thought I was going crazy. Then the voice said you are not going crazy. Keep the rock safe and reply to the topic entitled "road trip" on the chatterbox with the words "yes, I would like to go I am still not sure what kind of insanity made me to it. But I did as I was told.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

A New Roleplay  about the Chatterbox Itself Empty New Character to RP

Post by Lictenburg Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Name: Sidraj Sarutobi
Online Name(s): Lictenburg
Physical Description: Height-5'9"/Weight-120 lbs/Size-Incredibly Skinny/Hair-Black/
Power(nothing too ridiculous, but its allowed to be pretty powerful): Fire. I don't mean that cutesy, cuddle, romance candle dinner kind of fire, I mean the power of an erupting volcano and supernova in the palms of my hands kind of fire.
Lictenburg
Lictenburg

Male Posts : 3
Birthday : 1998-09-15
Humor : Liquid soap

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:08 pm

The day started normal.
I had woken up every morning like I usually had. 8 o'clock rolls around and I'm climbing out of bed getting ready for life to happen. A quick hot shower to prepare myself for the day before eating and I was ready to go. The day was slow. I had been off of school for a couple months now seeing as I was deep into summer break. The time passed slowly as I amused myself with streams of NightBlue3 and Star City Games. Nothing too terribly exciting was happening.
I left to go work. I had started tutoring a kid a couple months ago and had been making decent money so I kept up with it. After a little reading and making 50 flashcards, I was on my way back home.
I drove the route I took everyday to the library back home. However, something didn't seem right. The atmosphere was almost as if it had changed. A heavy air sat around me and my nerves stood on edge. Unsure of what was wrong, I entered my house as quickly as I could as if someone was hunting me or something.
That's when my life changed.
Sitting on the table, as I strolled into the kitchen for some lunch, was a small intricately carved mahogany box. Every breath seemed strained as the air was somehow dense and thick. My body was stiff as I reached out and lifted the top.
The pressure in the room seemed to alleviate completely. The inside was lined with an extravagant black silk, protecting the small stone sitting in the center. The stone was a smooth, perfectly round stone of some sort. It was completely transparent and hard to even notice at first.
I let my hand run over the stone. The smooth surface was so slippery that I could barely grasp it.
The moment my outreached hand touched it a voice entered my head.
You are the chosen Time Walker. You won't understand now but all will come around eventually. Listen closely, go online to a website named the chatterbox. Find the topic about a road trip and comment that you are in. That is all for now
I was in a state of shock. This wasn't how life worked. Deep down, however, I knew that what I was told was important and nothing that I could fight.
Unsure of my future, I complied and left a quick message on the chatterbox.
"Sign me up -Fearix Kamori"
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lictenburg Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:59 pm

The day started abnormally.
I was woken up at 8:00 AM, even though I normally sleep until 1-2 PM. My father demands I get up to complete my summer homework before the start of school in two days. Wow. Phenomenal. I am a senior in two days.
Man, do I hate this.
My annoyance with my mundane life did not go unnoticed at breakfast. My grandmother said, "What's wrong, my child?"
"It's nothing, I'm just a little bored with it all."
"With what?"
Everything. Of course, I didn't say that outloud. But my grandmother knew what I meant.
"Someday, you will rise above the ashes into something more. Coal becomes a diamond from exposure to intense pressure and heat. That heat, that fire will come to your life soon enough. You'll be a diamond in time," she said wisely.
Woah, that was profound, coming from my grandmother.
The rest of my day was normal, I finished annotating Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and completed my AP Chemistry quizzes. I proceeded to my room play guitar and mandolin for a couple of hours, but before I could touch an instrument, the doorbell rang. I opened the door, and there was a small box on the porch. I didn't think much of it, even though I hadn't ordered anything, and brought it in my home. Inside was a smooth diamond the size of riverbed rock. The only different between this diamond and a normal one was that it was a deep crimson in colour. I reached in the box to pick it up, completely unaware of what was to come. When I touched it, a soft woman's voice spoke in my head, "So it's you. Glad we found you, finally. With this gift, this power, you will accomplish certain deeds. Go to a website titled the chatterbox, find the topic called Roadtrip, and comment that you will participate. That, or go about a life without meaning."
Well, I don't want a life without meaning. I didn't know what was to come, or why this all was happening, but my life was boring enough, and this was the first thing that seemed like a real opportunity of a lifetime. Of course, creepy woman in that red rock thing, I'll go do as you say. This will be interesting.
I signed on to chatterbox, found the topic Roadtrip, and typed:
LET'S DO THIS.
Lictenburg
Lictenburg

Male Posts : 3
Birthday : 1998-09-15
Humor : Liquid soap

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:46 pm

I had been refreshing the forum ever since I posted. Zelf's post was odd, he was a more reasonable guy. The other two didn't surprise me too much. But immediately after I read sidraj's post the voice came back.

IT IS TIME.

The voice was always so subtle.

GO OUTSIDE.

Well, assuming I was going to go on a roadtrip I reached for my keys.

NO, I HAVE SECURED TRAVEL ACCOMPDATIONS.

I shrugged. This was no weirder than anything else that happened. I packed a backpack quickly- some clothes but mostly snacks. I tried to keep everything healthy. I did not succeed. I walked down my stairs and out my garage and what I saw was incredible.

It was a tesla model s. It was actually beautiful. All slick black-it looked like the spy car for the modern techie. It was unlocked, and there were 4 sets of keys inside. There was already an address set into the gps. I sighed. This was it. I didn't doubt that this was something fantastical anymore-that had been proven to me. I pulled my new necklace out from under my shirt. This was it.

I put the car in reverse and started following the gps.

The address in the gps was a Michigan one, so I assumed that it was Jon's. I had already been driving for a few hours, which I hadn't realized since driving the car had been so much fun. Very early into my driving I had freaked out about my parents, but the voice assured me that they believed I was on a recruiting trip for swimming. I pulled out my phone and called him. He answered immediately.

"I'm coming to pick you up," I said. "I'm not sure where we're going, but we're going there in style."
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearix Kamori Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:08 pm

My life wasn't about to revert back to normal any time soon.
Following the discovery of the box and its little treasure, I had gone on and posted. My gut was telling me something big was about to happen in my life. And something else was informing me this wasn't the your girlfriend of two weeks had just broken up with you and life is over.
Not knowing what was going to transpire I sat staring at my screen refreshing it, waiting for something to happen. Another person had signed up for the trip and I could only imagine that they were in a similar boat.
My phone began to ring. Looking down I saw a number calling from somewhere in the midwest. I shrugged and silently hoped that it was that strange voice or something deciding to give me a little more information about what the heck was going on right now.
I picked up the call and immediately I heard a guy say, "I'm coming to pick you up. I'm not sure where we're going, but we're going there in style.".
He sounded roughly my age and like he wasn't entirely sure of himself either. This had to be related. I mean the timing of a random person calling to inform me that my ride was on its way couldn't be a coincidence. That or somehow I was about to be involved in some insanely well-planned murder. That wouldn't be too hot.
"Sweet", I replied after a couple seconds of thought, "How should I pack?"
Fearix Kamori
Fearix Kamori
roleplaying staff
roleplaying staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:19 pm

"Honestly, Jon, I have no idea," I said, travelling far more quickly down the highway than was legal. "I will tell you, though, I will be there in about a half an hour, so I would pack quickly. 13ob out." I turned off my phone. Well, I always wanted a chatterbox meetup. And I guess it was now beginning.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:47 am

I was wondering exactly how we were going to do this. When the same voice said someone is coming to pick you up well... that answered that question. I decided I'd better go pack.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down