The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dilemma

3 posters

Go down

My dilemma Empty My dilemma

Post by 13obthepirate Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:19 pm

I have a bit of a dilemma.
I want this place to succeed. I want to keep the forum forever. I want everyone who left to come back and we could have a big party. More than anything else I don't want to lose the relationships that I've created and strengthened within these online walls. I know that many of the people that I've communicated with over the years haven't much cared for me. I know that I was sometimes and awful kid and sometimes an angsty teenager. I miss a lot of people. I miss the people who left s long time ago as well as people who have been on this week but not recently. It's awful. My relationships with you all have been real, and I miss those who have left us like those who have died.
Well, now I'm being a bit over the top.
But as much as I want everyone to come back, I know it won't happen. This week I've been trying to get people on and it's impossible. Some people will forever be gone.

In a way, I guess I'm trying to say I'm contemplating leaving. I don't know how I will, though. I'm usually alright with endings, but I don't think leaving the chatterbox would quite be like that.
I've tried to bring us together. I figured if we didn't have a big group we could have a close knit one. But my idea for a google hangout didn't pan out.
Honestly, I'm afraid that if I go the forum will die forever. I won't be here to yell at Jon to post or to bring new people on.
I've left many times before. But those have always been breaks. I...I don't think that I want to leave for good. In fact, I know that I don't. But sometimes I look at things in terms of value, and it's getting closer and closer to the point in which it's not worth the effort to check the forum.

Honestly I'm unsure of what I really want to say. I want the forum back again, but it won't come. Maybe we could make the community more tight knit, but that would feel incomplete without some people who have been gone.

I don't know. I really don't know.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Male Posts : 1919
Birthday : 1998-02-10
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dirHGODpM

Back to top Go down

My dilemma Empty Re: My dilemma

Post by zelf Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:59 am

Do whatever you think is best. Life goes on and people eventually do move on to other things. I will most likely still keep this place up. Even tho I do not expect it to be very active again.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Male Posts : 19703
Birthday : 1994-06-03
Humor : lol

http://thechatterbox.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:59 pm

I know I have been really bad about checking the forum the last couple of months, but I am still around. Zelf will be here forever too. lol You do what you need to do, and if that means leaving we won't be offended. If you come back in a few years with new ideas and thoughts we will welcome you back. Basically, there is no judgement here. We'll still be your friends. Smile
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Female Posts : 2622
Birthday : 1994-01-03
Humor : CANDY!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Honestly I keep this place for sentimental reasons. And also because I can post roleplays here without Admins getting after me haha.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:27 pm

hi guys.
It's been a while.
I don't know if anyone will see this, other than Zelf who I'm sure will check the forum today and tomorrow, as he always does.
Honestly, I don't know If I'll check the forum again for a long time.
It's kinda sad.
It makes me nostalgic.
It's ridiculous for a 17 year old to feel nostalgic.
Anyway, I'm going to be an adult this year.
Isn't that odd?
I hope all of you have a good 2016.
Oh, Tiana, happy birthday.
It appears to be your birthday.
That's what the forum is telling me.
It could be lying.
But I doubt it.
It doesn't really have a reason to.
I guess it still could.
Sometimes we lie for no apparent reason.
But it is a machine.
It doesn't have feelings.
This is getting a bit odd.
Anyways.
Hey.
What's up.
Hello.
This will look like an awfully odd post.
I was just checking the forum as I occasionally do and noticed nothing had happened.
So I thought I might make something happen.
I'm going to college next year.
Me.
The little kid.
In college.
Sigh.
I kinda wish this place was like what it used to be.
But then I'd have to be like 13 or something.
And that would be awful.
Being 17 is much better.
Really, life is going pretty well for me.
Not for the forum.
But for me.
And I guess that's what I should really care about.
Anyway.
Merry Christmas.
Happy New Year.
Have fun everyone, even if it's outside these walls of 1s and 0s.
I hope y'all are doing well.

|| 13obthepirate ||
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Male Posts : 1919
Birthday : 1998-02-10
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dirHGODpM

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:06 pm

I do not expect this place to be like it used to be. People who come to it now see a site that used to be active but has died down. It it was still brand new it would probably still have some potential.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks for the birthday wish, yeah, you posted on my bday. Smile I am 22 now, I feel so weird. I think some of the MODs on the fablehaven forum were 22 when I first got on and they were gods at the time. haha My brother just 18 a well. I guess we all have to grow up sometime... Unless you are Peter Pan, then you can be a boy forever.
But yeah, I do miss the heydays. I miss having Fairykind and Cotana and Melodyrose all here messing around. Sadly I came a little late to catch the rest of the Fablehaven crew like lolipopper. Maybe someday we will get off and there will be an influx of people? You never know. lol
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Female Posts : 2622
Birthday : 1994-01-03
Humor : CANDY!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by zelf Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:40 am

I was 16 when I was a mod on the fablehaven forum. I think for a while I was the only one that was actively enforcing rules haha.
zelf
zelf
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content