The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REM-Games

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

REM-Games   Empty REM-Games

Post by CatsAreInSpace Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

In the not too far future, a new breed of gaming console is built that fully submerses you in the game.  A console that makes your dreams the game and lets your connect to other people.  Obviously, this is a gamers dream.  
Now, one game in particular caught everyone’s attention.  The game is Dreamquest, an open world game for adventurers.  You could be whatever you wanted and go where ever you wanted.  The bounds of this game seemed limitless as people created their own little worlds and could be the heros they always dreamed of.  The world is full of various quests that range from simply gathering supplies to fighting monsters.  You could fly solo or hang it with a group or guild, either way was sure to be fun.  
The game has been out for a few weeks now and is still highly popular but it is at the point where people are blending it in around their lives instead of sleeping all day to play.  People are online playing and it seems like anyother day until someone tries to logoff.  Word spreads like wildfire and it is soon discovered that no matter who tries to logout all that happens is an error gets returned.  A glitch for a few minutes is understandable but soon an hour, two hours, ten hours, and still no one can logout and wake up.  People were getting frustrated, angry, some panicked.  Chaos ensued as people tried frantically to logout.  Nothing told anyone how to logout or why they were stuck, not even a connection to the outside world.  Everyone in the game was totally helpless and this day is known as the day the game glitched.  
Our story starts a month after the day the game glitched.  We are all stuck inside the game, everything that people have done to try to contact the outside world or logout has failed.  Most people seem to be adjusting to living in the game, some are still trying various methods to get out or make contact.  

Now lets discuss some mechanics of the game:
-The leveling system is a lot like Skyrim.  Each ability has its own levelling system with its own evolution tree.  Each character level up gives you one point to spend on any tree you choose. These points will give various abilities. More damage or less charge time for example.
-The character level ups give you another point to put towards health or stamina.
-There is no magic but there are abilities.  Various armour and weapon abilities along with a few character ones earned various ways.
     --Armor abilities: can be found with specific clothes/armors.  Also the armor level tree will grant some higher up in the tree.
     --Weapon abilities: same as armor.
     --Character abilities: gained with levels or quests.
-Abilites drain stamina.
-Stamina also controls how big your magic pockets are.
-Yes, you have magic pockets for storage.
-Quests are given through NPCs, items, or through things that just happen in the world; world events.
-Guilds can be made with any characters.  Members of the same guild can see where other members are and have the ability to teleport to the nearest safe zone to that player.  Guilds also share quests.  When one member completes a quest the entire guild has that quest completed on their record but the individual player (or players if more than one) that completed the quest gets the item drops and experience points.  
-Experience points level you up
-When you die, other players can re-spawn you within a certain amount of time or, if that time runs out or you choose the option, you re-spawn at the nearest city/town.  
-There is a gold and experience penalty for dying.  Amount varies depending on how you die.  
     --Suicide takes more than being killed.
If there are any questions please let me know Smile

Rules:
No god characters.
You can be good at a skill but not all the skills
There is no contact with the outside world
Be creative! Describe places, be creative with your character!
Please put your characters name at the top of the post. Like so >> {name} (it helps me remember your characters name so please Smile )
You may have more than one character.
Play nice.

Character design: *means required
{Username/Name} *
[Nicknames]
[Gender]*
[Height]*
[Weight] (really just looking for body type here)
[Hair color]*
[Eye color]*
[Skin color]*
[Age]*
[Appearance]
[Skills]* (main skill trees, cant have all the skills but list the important ones)
[Job]* (what do you do for gold? What do you use your skills for? You can do more than one thing. Remember that the game still has a lot of quests)
[Weapons] 
[Personality]
[Likes]
[Dislikes]

My character:
{Username/Name} ZombieBomber
[Nicknames] ZoBo
[Gender] female
[Height] 5'10"
[Weight] 150lbs, in other words, healthy and
[Hair color] brown with a red tint in the light
[Eye color] brown-green hazel
[Skin color] fair. Has a little bit of a tan from being outside
[Age] 21
[Appearance] she goes for the 'gentleman' look with a little bit of punk. Black pants, white, button down, short sleeved blouse which is always untucked, a black vest that is always unbuttoned, and a loose red tie. Her hair is long, thick, and soft with large, gentle waves that flow down to her mid back. She has a black bandanna that has the pattern of many colors of paint splotches that sticks out of her back pocket. She switches from ankle high, black converses to black boots when needed. Her makeup consists of very bold, red lips, stunning gold and black eye makeup, and thick lashes. And last but not least, her signature accessory, a grey, snakeskin fedora.
[Skills] stealth, light armor, agility, shooting, pickpocketing, lock picking, tracking
[Job] bounty hunter/investigator. But lets not forget that she travels everywhere and has come to enjoy spying and pickpocketing
[Weapons] two semiautomatic pistols which are kept in holsters strapped to each thigh
[Personality] very outgoing. If she flirts with you then you know you have a great friend. She is very bold and daring which often leads to her just doing stuff with no real thought behind it. However this does not mean she isn't smart. She is very logical and a good problem solver, she's just an adrenaline junkie that's all. Smile She is the kind of person who isn't afraid to be herself no mater what people think of her. She is always trying to be funny and trying to crack jokes even at inappropriate moments. Really just a happy-go-lucky girl who loves her friends and loves to have fun.
[Likes] pretty much everything (good) under the sun.
[Dislikes] depressing stuff, ig'nant people (those who don't know and don't bother to learn), smooth jazz
CatsAreInSpace
CatsAreInSpace
active
active

Female Posts : 108
Birthday : 1995-08-26
Humor : googly eyes make everything funny

Back to top Go down

REM-Games   Empty Re: REM-Games

Post by Ipoopmagic18 Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:59 pm

{SmokingNipples}
[Nicknames] Smokey
[Gender] Male
[Height] 6'3"
[Weight] 197 (Lean with a good bit of muscle, male model type, meaning he has legs for days)
[Hair color] Platinum Blonde
[Eye color] Bright Violet
[Skin color] Pale White
[Age] 20
[Appearance] Tall and remarkably handsome, he dresses like a aristocratic french pirate. Long, flowing blonde hair. He wears a long brown leather trench coat and ties his hair back in a black ribbon. White cotton pants and knee high black leather boots, he wears a mahogany colored vest over a white shirt and has a gold pocket watch he uses to track and identify magic.
[Skills]  Herbology and Apothecary/Healing/martial arts/fencing/medium armor/
[Job] Bounty Hunter/ Investigator
[Weapons] Broad sword and hidden daggers.
[Personality] Quick as a whip and even quicker of tongue Smokey is a flirt of the worst kind. He uses his good looks to his advantage whenever he can. But at the end of the day he is kind and goodnatured.
[Likes] Flirting, Mixing up new potions, finding odd items, eating sweets,skinny dipping
[Dislikes] burning his fingers
Ipoopmagic18
Ipoopmagic18
staff
staff

Female Posts : 477
Birthday : 1994-10-31
Humor : If you tell me a joke that involves something really nasty you have a 78.3% chance to make me bust out laughing.

http://hexxwolf.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:40 am

If this game isn't dead,

{Name} TommyHalfling
[Nickname]  Shorty (he hates it)  Sparky (because he likes playing around with fire and electricity)
[Gender] Male
[Height] 5’ 2.25” (the quarter inch is immensely important)
[Weight] 160 (short, but muscled from smithing. good endurance)
[Hair color] Black
[Eye color] Light brown
[Skin color] Moderately tanned
[Age] 21
[Appearance] Short and neither attractive nor unattractive, Henrich is usually found around the edges of rooms. He is unobtrusive and often goes unnoticed. He is ambidextrous. He wears light camouflage-patterned cloth-covered thin metal armor when adventuring and a simple tunic, pants, and apron while working. He tries not to draw attention to himself by staying quiet and out of the way. He always wears a pair of large armored boots, but somehow manages to not clomp around noisily.
[Skills]  Engineering, Metalwork, Chemistry (none of this alchemy nonsense), Stealth, Shooting, Shield, Light armor
[Job] Crafting/Adventuring
[Weapons] Spring-powered crossbow (quiet), electric rapier, folding insulated shield, and rifle
[Personality] He can be warm, happy, energetic and optimistic one moment, cold, withdrawn and apathetic the next. He has few friends, but good ones. When you first meet him he will probably be very withdrawn no matter what his mood, but as you get to know him you start to notice the oscillations. He enjoys his own company as much as the company of others and sometimes just needs a little time to be by himself (possibly with a good book or something to make or fix). He is a bit sensitive about his height. (or the lack thereof)
[Likes] Good books, the great outdoors, a warm bed, staring up at the moon, fire (playing with fire?), wind, finishing a project, and learning
[Dislikes] Rain, large bodies of water, swimming, stinging insects, cold weather and liars
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Male Posts : 157
Humor : Mobility-impaired puns

Back to top Go down

Post by CatsAreInSpace Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:04 am

We ain't dead yet! Just been busy with the start of the semester, work, and all that. So please just excuse the slowness Smile
CatsAreInSpace
CatsAreInSpace
active
active

Back to top Go down

Post by CatsAreInSpace Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 pm

((Well, I'm gonna go ahead and start. Anyone else join whenever they want :3 ))
{ZoBo}
I stood in front of a wall with a bunch of papers pinned to it, all different jobs one could do. This kind of job finder style was typical to the port town of Bywald, you could find it other places but it was most prominent in Bywald.
This was the second bar I had been in looking for a job. The first farther in the town had nothing that interested me, sure there were good prices but none of them seem exciting. So now here I am at my second bar, the Golden Trout, close to the docks looking for a job. Most of these seemed to be for pirates, not surprising seeing how this is a port town and I am just a few steps away from a dock yard. One however did catch my eye. I pulled it down off the wall and looked at it. It was user made, 50,000 gold reward, for the capture of the thief xDrumm3rGuyx. I laughed at the username, must have been an old username or something and didn't change it before we got stuck here. I read further into the description.
HIGHLY DANGEROUS
FOR ADDITIONAL REWARD, RETURN WHAT WAS STOLEN.
RARE ITEM FOR ADDITIONAL REWARD
I was fully interested now, rare item? That sold me. I reconsidered the danger of the job. Perhaps I should find some help, see if any of my friends are free.
CatsAreInSpace
CatsAreInSpace
active
active

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipoopmagic18 Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 pm

{SmokingNipples}

"Get out ya lush!" the barkeep growled, "You got no money ta pay fer another"
I stared at him through my beer goggles,
completely smashed and you're still as ugly as when I started
"Didn't ya hear me?" the barkeep said again, his breath stinking to high glory. I was too drunk to trust myself to speak so I stumbled off of the barstool and into one of the waitresses.
She gave a startled yelp and nearly dropped her platter, I slurred an apology and then staggered face first into the bar's bulletin board. A young lady looked at me quite startled, she was holding a job paper.
"Hey there lovely..." I muttered as I leaned against the wall gracelessly.
Ipoopmagic18
Ipoopmagic18
staff
staff

Humor : If you tell me a joke that involves something really nasty you have a 78.3% chance to make me bust out laughing.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:43 pm

{Sparky}
I cursed as the mechanical spider escaped the vise I had confined it in and scuttled out of my workshop and across the street. This was the third of these creations I had captured, and they had all ended up the same way – escaped and smashed by passerby before I had the chance to properly study them. Luckily I had already disassembled one of its legs, so it couldn’t run straight. I started off in pursuit, trying to keep it in sight as it ran erratically down the street, running like a drunken man in large arcs. It skittered around for a few minutes with me in hot pursuit before running into the wall of a bar called The Golden Trout.  It seemed dazed by the impact, lying there clicking for a few seconds before staggering inside. I rushed in, and in my haste to reclaim my specimen, bumped into someone leaning against the wall by the job board. "Sorry," I say as I grab the spider firmly "I didn't see you there."
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipoopmagic18 Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:44 pm

{SmokingNipples}

Something bumped into me and I staggered into the young women, my stomach flip-flopping and my eyes swimming in haze. Oh crap. Not here. I felt bile rising up from my stomach in waves, I turned away from the girl and spilled my guts on the bar floor.
"ugh,"
from behind me I could hear sounds of disgust and the barkeeps's shouts of anger.
Ipoopmagic18
Ipoopmagic18
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CatsAreInSpace Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:03 pm

{ZoBo}
There was a commotion behind me, I didn't pay much attention to it and I skimmed the board for anything better.  Thats when the tall blonde faceplanted into the wall beside me.  I jumped slightly, startled at first, but then he turned to look at me.  
"Hey there lovely.." He slurred out.  He was drunk.  He was soooo drunk.
"Hey there handsome." I said with an amused smile holding back as much laughter as I could.  
Our conversation didn't get any farther as someone bumped into him from behind and he fell into me.  "Whoah there!"  I caught him before he hit the ground thankfully, he was pretty cute.  
I looked at him after he got sick, amusement gone from my face.  "Well then.." I said looking down at him.  The barkeepers angry yelling pulled my attention away from the blonde.  Oh great, this was bad, I didn't want to get caught up in this but I already was.  
"How about we leave." I began to half carry the blonde man out of the bar quickly as I thought of what to do.  Whatever I did I decided that I was going to take this young blonde man with me, he seemed fun and I felt like we could be good friends.  The barkeeper was now yelling angrilly at me too, good thing I was a good briber.  
I turned quickly and dropped a few gold coins on the table.  It wasn't much but it was better than nothing and all I could afford at the moment.  Before I turned back around, I made eyecontact with the guy that bumped into the blonde and started this.  I didn't mind trouble, I was in my own trouble half the time anyways.  I gave a lighthearted, amused smile and a quick laugh before slipping out the door as quickly as this completely smashed drunk would let me.
CatsAreInSpace
CatsAreInSpace
active
active

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:21 pm

{Sparky}
The barkeeper pocketed the coins and watched them go, then turned his attention to me as I struggled to control the spider. "You'd better be going, you've caused enough trouble already with your clicking friend" he growled as he steered me toward the door. He pushes me out hard. "AND DON'T COME BACK!" Again, I bump into the drunk man, knocking him over. Trapping the spider with my foot, I help "Lovely" (I guess that's her name?) get Handsome (I guess that's his name? That's what she called him...) back up on his feet.
The spider's legs flail frantically as I pick it up again by the head. "We can take him to my shop, it's about a block east. I have food and water and a cot he can sleep it off on."
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipoopmagic18 Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:25 pm

{SmokingNipples}
From inside the bar I heard the barkeep shout something obscene at my new best friend. Drunken outrage stirred within me and I swung around and stumbled back into the bar.
Instead of talking I threw a punch that landed on the bar owners face, he promptly hit me back and soon I was in the middle of a throng of fists.
Ipoopmagic18
Ipoopmagic18
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CatsAreInSpace Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:46 am

{ZoBo}
Words didn't bother me so I tuned out the barkeeper's angry yelling and instead focused on the second new person I met today. "Thanks." I said as he helped me back up to my feet then I helped him get Mr. Drunk back up onto his.
"That would be most appreciated, thanks!" I smiled warmly at the the new guy. Before anything else could be said I watched as Mr. Drunk found his way back into the bar and started a fight. I sighed and just shook my head.
CatsAreInSpace
CatsAreInSpace
active
active

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:12 am

{Sparky}
"You're welcome" I nod. I watch as he stumbles back in and starts a drunken brawl, then turn back to the reasonable one. "So is your name actually Lovely? or did he just call you that? Should we get him out or just pick him up after it calms down a bit? And what is that paper you took?"
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Back to top Go down

Post by CatsAreInSpace Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:59 am

{ZoBo}
I blinked at the bombardment of questions.
"I'm ZombieBomber." I said and shook his hand. "You can call me Lovely if you want to but most call me ZoBo. And this," I held up the now wrinkled paper. "Is a job. I'm a bounty hunter." A few people not wanting to be involved in the fight came stumbling out the door.
"I guess I should get him." I said with a sigh. With my agility at its current level, I should be able to avoid the hits.
CatsAreInSpace
CatsAreInSpace
active
active

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipoopmagic18 Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:32 pm

{SmokingNipples}

I was promptly thrown out and landed flat on my arse. Tired and woozy I crumpled up into a ball at the bars entrance. I felt someone try to pick me up and I complied, swearing bitterly about having to move.
Ipoopmagic18
Ipoopmagic18
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CatsAreInSpace Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:52 pm

{ZoBo}
"Oh! Well this works too." I commented as Mr. Drunk got literally thrown out the door.
"I applaud your efforts old man but couldn't you have waited 'till you were sober?" I started to try and pick him up to which he complained bitterly to. I looked up at the black haired man to whom I was just talking to. "So what do you call yourself stranger?" I asked cheerfully. Yes, I really was just a happy person 98% of the time.
CatsAreInSpace
CatsAreInSpace
active
active

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:03 pm

((Would you mind if i joined? If you wouldn't mind:
{Username/Name} Jesus (like the son of god)
[Nicknames] Jesus (like the Hispanic name), Christ, JC (for those who don't like calling a person Jesus)
[Gender] Male
[Height] 6'5"
[Weight] 219 lbs. Built like an absolute tank. Has giant monkey arms (wingspan of 6'10"), and an extremely long torso for his height.
[Hair color] Gray, although he is not old.
[Eye color] very very dark brown, almost black
[Skin color] Very tan. Like, imagine what you'd think as an Asian skin color, and then put that on a white person.
[Age] 19
[Appearance] Dresses very preppy. Almost always wears a button down under a sweater, except for when he is wearing a suit and tie. He believes that he must always dress for success, no matter what situation he's in. Though he dresses nicely, it's all modified to also function as basic body armor. No matter what he wears, he wears a red bandanna tied around his left bicep. His hair is long and he brushes it back, to add to the preppy look.
[Skills] Agility|Fencing|Pickpocketing|Stealth|Thrown Weapons (he only has these five, so each is very developed)
[Job] Originally started by pickpocketing and stealing things and then selling them for a profit. Though he still does this some, he is mostly the head of an extensive banking system. However, he can usually be found adventuring.
[Weapons] An extremely large rapier, about an inch and a half thick and almost four feet long, plus an assortment of different thrown weapons, like knives, shurikens, he can pretty much throw anything in a deadly fashion.
[Personality] Very, very narcissistic. Will use almost anyone to gain towards his own goals. However, once you become his true friend, he will never use you, ever. Very smart and cunning, so he seems to be a very nice person. Likes to be the center of attention, and his height helps him with this. Doesn't open himself up to people, and though he seems to have everything figured out, he is truthfully as scared and depressed (if not more) than anyone else.
[Likes] Money, Quotes, Music, Flirting, The Rain, Theatre, His collection of ships (loaning them out is another source of his income)
[Dislikes] Jail, Dirtiness (not messiness)
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Male Posts : 1919
Birthday : 1998-02-10
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dirHGODpM

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiana Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:32 am

{Username/Name} * FreeFlyer
[Nicknames] Freebe
[Gender]* female
[Height]* 5.4
[Weight] (really just looking for body type here) 130 pounds
[Hair color]* Red
[Eye color]* deep and bright blue
[Skin color]* dark tan
[Age]* 20
[Appearance] slim with angular features
[Skills]* woodlore, sailing, sword fighting
[Job]* Freelancer (Which is her fancy way of saying she is a pickpocket)
[Personality] Generally very friendly, very sarcastic.
[likes] Trees, books, music, horses, and money with which to enjoy these things.
[Dislikes] animal abusers, people who think and act like they know everything

Last edited by Tiana on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiana
Tiana
Head of staff.
Head of staff.

Female Posts : 2622
Birthday : 1994-01-03
Humor : CANDY!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:34 pm

I start to guide the drunk and ZoBo towards my shop. "I'm TommyHalfling, but people call me Sparky." I am careful to keep my hand holding the mechanical spider away from both of them, as the spider is now angrily snapping its jaws at anything it can reach.
(JC and Freebe, feel free to bring yourselves into the group)
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:24 pm

{Jesus}
I was waiting in front of Sparky's shop. I didn't usually go out myself for business like this. I had people to do this type of thing for me. But, I was in town anyway, and my usual employees weren't. I decided that I would spare them the trip, and meet with Sparky myself.

As he walked towards me, I could tell he wasn't happy to see me. We had never met before, but most players knew who I was by now. I ran the only bank in the entire game, If you needed money you had to go to one of my firms. They were run so efficiently that some players originally thought they were programmed into the game.

"TommyHalfling?" I asked the short man in the middle. He nodded. "You, sir, owe me some money."
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:07 pm

I walk up to my shop to see that there is someone there. A big someone. Big enough and well-dressed enough to be some sort of guild/mob enforcer. I wasn't surprised he knew my name, and I wasn't surprised that he wanted my money. "So who do you work for and why do they think I'll pay? I don't pay protection money. Never have, never will. I paid the bank man last Friday, so I don't owe anyone anything now." I try to move past him to go into my shop.
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:37 pm

I laughed when he asked me who I work for. I laughed hysterically, to the point where I hunched over and he stopped to look at me.
"I don't work for anyone," I said, in between bursts of laughter. "I'm the guy they work for. I own the bank. I'm Jesus."
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterRabbit Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:53 pm

{Sparky}
"I don't owe you money then. I paid the bank man last Friday. Did he not give you the money?"
PeterRabbit
PeterRabbit
veteren member
veteren member

Back to top Go down

Post by 13obthepirate Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:30 am

{Jesus}
"I'm afraid you are mistaken," I said, fixing the cuffs of my button down, and adjusting my suit coat. "There was no one here to collect money. Everyone who works for the bank has one of these." I pulled out the badge that I had decided to make for the bank. The bank, essentially, used the guild mechanic. The bank was just a giant guild, which happened to have an unbelievably large amount of money.
13obthepirate
13obthepirate
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ipoopmagic18 Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:55 pm

{Smoky}

I was feeling nauseous again, and I moved away from the young lady carrying me to vomit on the rude money mans shoes.
Ipoopmagic18
Ipoopmagic18
staff
staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next