The chatterbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Power of Art and Writing

Go down

The Power of Art and Writing Empty The Power of Art and Writing

Post by gat Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Popped into my head, like, three seconds ago.

The year is 2349. Imagination has been banned from the world. Anyone caught using it would either be put into prison or sentenced to death by the robotic police. To lower the amount of money spent on schools; elementary, junior high, and senior high are all one school. Everyone lives the same lives over and over. They have the same personality. Bland. They have the same choice in colors. White. They don't smile. Or laugh. Or scream. Or cry. The only ones with expressions, even they are boring, are the Prejudice. That's what they think, anyways.
In the country of Pholya, there are teenagers that are completely different from the others.
They like to express themselves, they where different clothes, and whatever they draw or write, comes to life.
Not even their parents, brothers, or sisters understand them.
To everyone else, they're freaks.
Freaks willing to stand up and fight for imagination.

RULES:
- Forum rules apply
- Max is two chars
- We all go to the same school
- No mythical characters
- Parents, brothers, or sisters cannot be imaginative unless they are a char as well
- Do not just create things out of thin air because you can't think of anything during the RP, there is a plot. (unless your char barely knows of their power, but don't go running around like a maniac)
- If you want to, choose a color and post it with that character. (No unbelievably bright colors please)

City Laws:
Anyone caught using imagination will be arrested or put to death
Theft is not allowed
No littering
Acts of violence will be dealt with on sight
You are being watched
You cannot hide from the Prejudice (or so they say)

School System:
Elementary downstairs
Junior high on the second floor
Senior high on the third floor
Fourth floor belongs to the teachers
Gym/cafeteria and auditorium are on the west side.
Library and indoor pool, along with outdoor, on the east side.
Huge field out back completed with a football field in the northeast, a soccer field in the northwest, and general, free area and playground in the middle.
Every student's lunch is at noon exactly.
Recess for elementary and junior high lasts for an hour.

Name:
Age (10-19):
Personality (they can be dark, or cheerful, but no boring, please):
Appearance:
Background:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fatal Flaw:
Art or Writing (cannot be both)?:
Specialty (what can they draw or write the best?):
Other:

Name: Alex J. Cross
Age (10-19): 18
Personality (they can be dark, or cheerful, but no boring, please): Keeps to himself, talks when he wants to
Appearance:http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/287/e/8/alex_mercer_by_thelazymonster-d4cssz1.png
Background: Alex knew he was different from everyone else, an outcast. He never liked being boring and learned to enjoy things by himself; he learned about his ability to bring things to life during school, 5th grade, when he was writing about a dragon (a hatchling, thankfully), he was only describing it and the hatchling soon appeared on his desk. The teacher had sent Alex to the principal's office where he received a suspension and was forced to kill the hatchling. Ever since, Alex has been careful of what he wrote and when he did it.
Dislikes: Everyone who's not abnormal, waking up, having people read his writing
Strengths: A very active imagination
Weaknesses: Can't think of anything realistic
Fatal Flaw: Hydrophobic, can't swim. If in a shallow area, jumps like HECK out of the water
Art or Writing (cannot be both)?: Writing
Specialty (what can they draw or write the best?): Mythical things
Other: Doesn't seem like it, but Alex cares about any abnormal person.

We can start once two people get on. More can join until I say it's enough or...yeah.
gat
gat
really likes to post.
really likes to post.

Female Posts : 1319
Birthday : 1999-03-28
Humor : I used to be Lady whatever whatever/Cortana/ten million other things. That's it. That's the joke. Myself on here, is the fckn joke. I am laughing and crying I swear to god.

http://cruciblc.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down